F1 2020!

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
So I picked up F1 2020 yesterday and have already sunk in 4.5 hours. The game is pretty good and the new "My Team" feature allows you to create your own character and race team which is pretty cool. There is a lot of depth to it, similar to an RPG style game in which you rank up certain mechanics to boost your racecar and or reputation.

The game is not without its flaws however. When you boot up the game you are offered DX11 or DX12 options. I initially picked DX12 but the game is bugged in DX12 and will likely crash your rig. Luckily I was not the only one with this problem and I did a little research on the Steam forums and found out that DX11 is the way to play, at least for now.

Right now I'm having a lot of fun with My Team and I recommend this game to racing enthusiasts. The game can be very challenging if you want it to be and the AI is pretty good as well. They race fair and don't smash into you. Although I find it hard in the beginning of a race not to slam into them. There is of course multiplayer but I haven't dived into that yet.

Anyone else here playing F1 2020? I'd like to know your thoughts on the topic. Like I said before, great game so far even though there is a pretty big bug in the game on DX12. Is it worth $60? Well, I couldn't wait for a sale. I watched a bunch of early access reviews and fell into the hype so for me its worth purchasing it now than waiting months for a reasonable sale on Steam.

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
Yeah its a pitry about the DX12 issue as that was there last year too , kept crashing the game.

Game is good and a lot of fun not tried the My Team yet but it does look rather good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 6, 2020
Visit site
I know I'm late to the party but I must be lucky, I haven't experienced any issues running DX12.

So far haven't had a ton of time to play F1 2020, started a My Team and am halfway through Season 1. Thinking if doing a regular My career and starting in F2 as I didn't buy 2019 so never done that.

MyTeam is cool but kinda like the idea of working my way up.

Hi everyone,
Totally late to this party so I hope that someone reads this! Been watching Tietermarduk YouTube videos for two days straight and contemplating buying it on steam. Question is, will it run on my spec (see signature) and also, what controller do you all use? Can I use a playstation controller? Any advice?
Cheers

Aug 6, 2020
Visit site
Definitely. My specs are FX8350 , GTX 1060 3GB and 16GB DDR3 ram. It runs good with most things on high settings one a single monitor. It would not run it on high with triples like I do iRacing. So i settled on better graphics with one screen over lower graphics with triples.

Hoping to build new pc this winter as obviously mine is on it's last legs.

EDIT: Forgot to add I alternate between Xbox One Controller and my Fanatec Wheel. Granted wheel is always more realistic but sometimes just want to use controller. So as long as the PS4 controller works with windows (think they do but honestly never have tried) then it should work fine in game.

Reactions: zippygeorgeandben

TRENDING THREADS