Elden Ring nears a million concurrent players on Steam, placing 6th all-time

Its fun to see, but the numbers dont touch that of my boy Lost Ark :). Its solid for a mostly SP game though i give it that, but these numbers wont stay solid for long, games like LA and CSGO will remain there in the top 3 well after Elden Ring fever disappears.

Well, it isn't free, so there's no way it can keep up with Lost Ark. I wonder how many people would be playing Lost Ark right now if it were $60? I'm not insulting the game, I'm genuinely curious. How many would be playing Elden Ring if it were free? Probably it would have several million concurrent players and Lost Ark would have around 100k. But long-term it's the live service, end-game aspect of Lost Ark that will determine how many people are playing at a time. Once everyone finishes the game, how long do they continue to play it? Will be interesting to watch.

I haven't tried Lost Ark yet. I'm waiting until there aren't server queues, but I look forward to trying it at some point.

Well, it isn't free, so there's no way it can keep up with Lost Ark. I wonder how many people would be playing Lost Ark right now if it were $60? I'm not insulting the game, I'm genuinely curious. How many would be playing Elden Ring if it were free? Probably it would have several million concurrent players and Lost Ark would have around 100k. But long-term it's the live service, end-game aspect of Lost Ark that will determine how many people are playing at a time. Once everyone finishes the game, how long do they continue to play it? Will be interesting to watch.

I haven't tried Lost Ark yet. I'm waiting until there aren't server queues, but I look forward to trying it at some point.

The numbers for Lost Ark were roughly 7 or 800k+ in the 3 days leading up to the release (where you had to buy in order to play then), so im thinking a good majority would still be playing it... and would go longer than Elden Ring. Elden Ring pretty much ends when you beat your bosses etc. Lost Ark is just too massive to be over in 1 2 or even 5 playthroughs.

Also, the founders pack sold over 1.5 mill. units pre-launch too.

And i do believe that a healthy majority of players of Elden Ring were Lost Ark players beforehand and will probably return after they have thoroughly beat Elden Ring.

and as of right now LA sits at 800k where Elden ring sits at 500k. I just feel its going to slip simply because people are wrapping up beating the game by now.

The numbers are impressive for Elden Ring because its a new game where as Lost Ark has had a huge following in other parts of the world. So no disrespect to Elden Ring, but itll fall out of the top 10 in a couple months asides from resurgences because of expansions and what not.

Last edited: