Elden Ring, did you purchase it, are you going to, or do you have little to no interest in it?

Do you plan to buy Elden Ring, or is it just one of those games that you have no interest in?

• Yes, I bought Elden Ring and am currently playing it

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Yes, I bought Elden Ring but have yet to play it

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I haven't bought Elden Ring yet, but I plan to soon

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I haven't bought Elden Ring yet, but I may buy it on sale

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I have only a small interest in Elden Ring, I might try it in a couple years with a deep discount

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I have no intention of buying Elden Ring, as it's just not a type of game I enjoy

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, yeah, I know; we've got multiple Elden Ring posts going. But this is a poll to see where the PCG Forum community's interest is regarding Elden Ring (ER). I thought this poll might be interesting as I've seen various responses concerning ER from high interest to none. Please vote! This poll is open to everyone, including staff members & writers, and anyone else lurking in the corners.

After you vote, please make a post regarding your choice.

For me it was #6, I just have no interest in Elden Ring, Dark Souls, or "souls like" games. I love a good action RPG, and I'm sure Elden Ring and other "Souls" games are great, as millions of people play & love them. But from my perspective, the constant barrage of boss battles that a player has to repeat over & over just to learn certain movements is just too tedious and frustrating to constantly redo those battles to advance. I'm sure many players find it challenging & exciting and get a sense of accomplishment for finally defeating those bosses. Not my cup of tea. Sometimes I look at those boss battles and it feels like a mashup of melee boss fights and QTEs. Miss a specific keystroke and the wrong time, and boom, you're dead. Start over.

Please note, that I'm not in anyway bashing these types of games, it's just the style is something I don't enjoy.

I have shed some of my thoughts here - https://forums.pcgamer.com/threads/elden-ring-what-do-you-score-it.124410/post-295516.
I'd also like to add that I'm not particularly good at the boss battles, but I love the challenge of finding a way to combat them, and at times even without having to know the bosses' patterns. As an example: There was this world boss that I managed to shoot from the high ground because he was too clumsy to jump to the spot I was shooting him from. I was much lower level and would easily be mowed down instantly from the majority of his attacks, so I found a way to exploit his weakness:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQKrmDLvijo

I am not into constantly being challenged. I get other people like these games and I will happily watch someone who knows what they are doing. That seems too soon as no speedruns up for it yet.
Here you go.

I've not watched them myself, but I bet theres more. Some of the Souls speedrunners are insanely good at these games and finished them during the network test.

I've bought it, its really very good.

@Johnway If only it was that easy. I said to myself, CP2077 was the last preorder and the off-course Elden Ring happened.

Its easier for me tbh as i'm incredibly tight fisted. The only game that kinda has me wanting to buy is chivalry 2 and i'm holding out quite well. The thing is that with games like CP2077 and elden ring is that i suspect that there will be expansion packs/dlc and i can wait for a complete edition to arrive and iron out some of the bugs. i hear the Pc version isn't quite so hot atm...

I bought it but have not played it yet. I've been playing coop stuff with people recently and I still haven't finished God of War, so I haven't really been in the position to start it yet. With how much stuff is being spoiled constantly (given the game's popularity) I am leaning towards trying to get into it sooner rather than later. I'm also a little reticent to start it given the reports of performance issues on PC, but I'd have to see for myself to decide if the issues are minor enough to not care.

This poll is blowing my mind. The forum is gravitating more toward not being very interested in the game, yet it seems like that's the only thing anyone wants to talk about...
Yeah, I was a bit shocked myself when I logged in this afternoon, that's quite a cross section of varying levels of interest. We may be a small population in the world of gaming forums, but we've got a lot of different interests here.
As far as all the Elden Ring articles, I think it's pretty standard when a new, highly advertised AAA game is released, especially during winter. The same was true when Cyberpunk released (although those were mostly negative in scope), but the buzz will slowly settle after a couple months.

I said to myself, CP2077 was the last preorder
I promised myself the exact same thing after preordering CP2077, never again I said. Well Elex 2 went on sale as a preorder and I couldn't resist. Downloaded & installed this week and hope to start my first playthrough this week.

Zloth

Community Contributor
#3 - Strong interest, but I'm waiting until it's properly patched up. Please hurry, FromSoft.
If they hurry, it won't be properly patched. So, which do you want? ;)
This poll is blowing my mind. The forum is gravitating more toward not being very interested in the game, yet it seems like that's the only thing anyone wants to talk about...
Forum-goers are NOT a random sample! I expect our average age is well above the average Elden Ring player's age.

I bought it but have not played it yet. I've been playing coop stuff with people recently and I still haven't finished God of War, so I haven't really been in the position to start it yet. With how much stuff is being spoiled constantly (given the game's popularity) I am leaning towards trying to get into it sooner rather than later. I'm also a little reticent to start it given the reports of performance issues on PC, but I'd have to see for myself to decide if the issues are minor enough to not care.
There was a patch yesterday for some stuff, but I think most people only have minor issues. I'm using a controller though, mouse and keyboard might be more frustrating havent really tried as I find them uncomfortable to use in this type of game.

I think the performance response might be overblown. Then again its easy to say that when you haven't had any problems yourself.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS