Question Dr Disrespect - Love him or hate him?

McStabStab

Community Contributor
He’s all over gaming news right now and many are anxiously waiting to find out what’s going on with his Twitch ban. I understand he’s super polarizing, but how do you feel about him as a character? Him as a person? What’s at stake here with this recent news?

Reactions: Berious

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Don't watch him, don't enjoy his content, I don't care about him. A bit curious what's the deal with him getting permabanned apparently, but outside of this curiosity, nothing.

99% of streams I watch are StarCraft II pro players or tournaments, I rarely watch somebody outside of SC2 community, so maybe here's why I don't care.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
My friends and I love his character. We’re pretty casual gamers for the most part and don’t subscribe to any twitch personalities, but we all follow doc on twitter and instagram and watch bits of his stream from time to time.

As for him as a person, I definitely had a change in my perception of him after his whole infidelity scandal, but I do believe people make mistakes and can change as human beings. Hopefully whatever is happening now isn’t affecting his family but since no information has come out that can be seen as credible it’s hard to say.

I am indifferent to him. Streaming personalities in no way shape or form affect my gaming life choices. The platform could vanish right now and id still be the same gamer doing the same gaming things.

As for his ban and all the talk about why nothing really has been said is just how things go down for people that are popular in the culture corners they are in. I can easily see a professional sports player or a politician going through the same type of thing. If this guy violated ToS for twitch, then thats all i really need to know. Twitch is privately owned, they can ban whoever they want.

Reactions: McStabStab
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I've never watched his channel so I don't have an opinion on love em or hate em.

Sort of following the drama unfolding though. I will say I find one piece of information that doesn't make any sense. He claims that Twitch has not given him a reason for the ban. This just doesn't make much sense. Why would a company that just recently signed a contract with him suddenly delete his channel and issue refunds, and then not give him a reason? Does that make sense?

I don't have any vested interest in how this turns out but it will be fun to see where this all leads next week.

Watched him from time to time and I have enjoyed his duo plays with TimTheTatman in Warzone. They have a good chemistry. As for the ban, it has all been shrouded in mystery. Some say a new streaming platform, some say not. It's pretty weird, but I guess we will know today or some other time (depending on false news or not)

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I never much cared for celebrity news, but I'll admit this is kinda fun to watch unfold. When I first heard of him I thought he'd be too obnoxious to watch, but his over-the-top character was actually entertaining, even if that wears off quickly. I won't go so far as to say he'll be missed, but if this drama is his last hurrah, it's a fun and fitting way to go.

See, I never really got into watching streams. I would much rather play the game or watch a TV show. There is nothing wrong with it, It's just not my thing I guess. Side note wasn't this the dude who filmed in an E3 bathroom or something like that??

I do watch twitch more than most other things but I don't subscribe to doc or watch him that much. I believe it's a tongue in cheek macho image which I don't really enjoy but can see why people like it and I don't think it's terrible.

I know he had an infidelity issue. I don't judge people for things like that in the main as I don't get too involved with people's problems.

I guess with all that said it wouldn't be a huge loss to me if he was banned from twitch but I don't bear any ill will towards him.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
I really never cared about him, can't remember I watched him either. On the other hand, it's drama and if there's one bloody thing I hate on Twitch (or anywhere actually) it's drama.

I do watch Twitch regularly and there's 1 streamer I'm subbed to, but dr.Respect never got my interest or attention. Most big streamers (twitch wide) don't. I do watch some "big" Dota 2 streamers but that's it.

I wouldn't care if he was permabanned, just like I never cared about wether Ninja was streaming on Twitch, Mixer or not at all.

Hila from H3H3 made a good point in their latest podcast highlight about how it is strange that a big company like Twitch has said so little about this. If this was a famous football player or something like that, you can bet that there would be tons of info. It all seems quite unprofessional in my eyes (regardless of the accusations) and I also think it is strange that Dr. Disrespect himself has not given any more updates, not even a little "I can't say much of this time, but ......" I hardly think this is some sort of PR stunt, because if so, well, someone probably needs to be fired - most likely Alex.

• Haha