Does endless DLC bother you?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Endless DLC goes hand-in-hand with a Live Service business model. The biggest game in that universe for me is Destiny 2 which I have gone on and on about in the past. Whats considered DLC for this game are the seasons in between expansions along with 1 or 2 packs of goodies (Bungie had a 30th anniversary bundle with new quests and guns released sometime between the expansions Beyond Light and The Witch Queen).

I don't mind it, ive collected pretty much everything Destiny 2 has had from the start, its fun to show off stuff you got from past DLC that's unobtainable anymore too (This is a problem with Destiny for a lot of people that play it).

Just a random thought: is it possible to install it twice?
That might be possible. Would have to tell Steam that I'm not using the drive that the game is on anymore, then it would stop recognizing those games and let me install it somewhere else. After getting it installed, I could tell Steam that I was using the other drive again, and launch the games from different desktop icons, but I'm not sure how to tell Farming Simulator to put the mods and saves in a different location, which is always on the C: drive in Documents. Without that, both versions would end up being the same. Perhaps there is a way to do it. Will have to think about it.

or you know, have the End of the game as DLC
Finally watched the video. I had no idea there was a different ending to Dragon Age: Origins on the DLC, and especially not one that contained Morrigan. It's just as well I didn't find out until now because I romanced her during the game, but dumped her for the bard because she would only have sex with me once.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Morrigan?? I figured she would make me supper on the first date, then make me into supper on the second.

I do really wonder how those Paradox titles with a jillion DLCs can keep going. Cosmetics are all well and good, but some of those DLCs make substantial changes. When a new version of the program goes through QA, don't they need to test it with various combinations of the DLCs active? With 3, that's 8 combinations, which is already a lot. With 10... yipe.

Every game should be like this. I refuse to buy the Farming Sim DLC for my son because he never plays the game solo, but that means I have to wander around the mod menu and unselect all the DLC whenever we play.

I wish games would go back to how Age of Empires did it, where only one person needed to own the game to play (though I think you needed a CD for every 4(?) people).

Steam's Remote Play is a good step in that direction, but obviously still limited.

When a new version of the program goes through QA, don't they need to test it with various combinations of the DLCs active? With 3, that's 8 combinations, which is already a lot. With 10... yipe.

Pretty sure they just assume everyone buys all of the DLC. Because 95% of their players probably does.

Or maybe they have rigorous automatic tests to test each combination automatically. Though that seems extremely unlikely.

how to tell Farming Simulator to put the mods and saves in a different location, which is always on the C: drive in Documents
Hmm, it might be easier just to continue changing the mod load manually :)

Have 2 C:\Documents folders, the normal one and say \DocsCoop—latter created on first Co-op play. Make a BAT file which would:

Rename \Documents to \DocsNormal;
Rename \DocsCoop to \Documents;
Launch game, TSR;
On game exit, Rename \Documents to \DocsCoop;
Rename \DocsNormal to \Documents;
Exit.

You might want to disk image C: beforehand :)

You probably did stuff like this in 90s, I recall having BATs to start & end lots of games, but not why—probably to futz with screen resolution or memory allocation… oh, very probably to start game with certain switches for config you wanted at launch.

Hi brian if your games are on steam client you can put identical user accounts on 2 different drives the second client would not know it was on the same pc , its just the same as putting same client on another pc.
With 2 of the same clients on different drives you can have say a huge game with tons of dlc on one client and all your other steam games in the other client. You will of course have to go into where each steam folder is and make separate short cut launch icons

With regards to dlc and expansion packs for games i think their is a point where you should be thinking ...... this game has gone far enough and be put to bad

That might be possible. Would have to tell Steam that I'm not using the drive that the game is on anymore, then it would stop recognizing those games and let me install it somewhere else. After getting it installed, I could tell Steam that I was using the other drive again, and launch the games from different desktop icons, but I'm not sure how to tell Farming Simulator to put the mods and saves in a different location, which is always on the C: drive in Documents. Without that, both versions would end up being the same. Perhaps there is a way to do it. Will have to think about it.
I'll bet Steam would go through the whole process of verifying the file integrity every time you swap.

I moved to pc's 20 years ago and only just started using my first ever mod , its a mod manager for satisfactory.

The Satisfactory Mod Manager - SMR (ficsit.app).

you simply install it and choose from the menu what you want to add , at the moment i have only used the 100+ milestones and the hard drive mod to make power shards cos the slugs are a long way from my 3 bases.

I got the mod to give me more things to do , its not a cheat/trainer program its more like an expansion pack , it does not install directly into the game it just knows its running in the background and you have the option to turn it off.

TRENDING THREADS