Question Does anyone have suggestions for parts for my first Gaming PC? My budget is 500$ but it can be over that.

Nov 27, 2022
Visit site
I want to build my first Gaming PC but I'm not sure what parts to use. The budget is 500$ but it can be over if it needs to be. P.s. I know it will probably be a bad computer but I don't plan on using it for long.

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please stylize your post akin to this thread;
the community can chime in on suggestions, though in this current global economy/market, you might not be getting your money's worth.

Reactions: Frindis
Reactions: Frindis and Lutfij
Dec 13, 2021
Visit site
I want to build my first Gaming PC but I'm not sure what parts to use. The budget is 500$ but it can be over if it needs to be. P.s. I know it will probably be a bad computer but I don't plan on using it for long.

Mind if I ask why you don't plan to use it for that long?
The problem is you can build a really cheap "gaming" PC, but that's what you end up with, a really cheap PC that is at best marginal at running games. And the big problem with a PC that's too marginal is you can easily end up going down the "need to improve performance, so I'll just upgrade xxxxx" rabbit hole.

GPU sucks? Well get a new GPU... CPU is now bottle necking the GPU? Well get a better CPU... Power supply isn't sufficient for the new GPU and CPU? Well get a better PSU... and so on and so on. So again why just for a short time? Also what games do you expect to play and at what resolution?

I personally consider 1,000 bucks US to be the sweet spot for building a reasonable gaming PC. Anything less and you just end up disappointed with major buyers remorse... and down the rabbit hole you go.

This is what I'd shoot for:

And here's my bare bones system:

Some parts are pretty much random because it's about what you'd expect to pay for... say a reasonable case. As for the GPU I choose the 3060 which is an okay card but not great the AMD 6600 is pretty much the same price and the same performance. Personally I'd go with the 3070 or AMD equivalent, but it's double the price. Don't get either the 3050 or the AMD 6500, total garbage. And lastly never get a really cheap power supply. That route only leads to tears of frustration when it blows up and takes half your system with it.
Well I hope I've given you some things to ponder.

Last edit, I promise. Just to give you some more things to ponder. Except for the GPU and the PSU the "what I'd shoot for" system is what I'm currently using. Except I have a 3080ti which was 1,300CN and a Seasonic Prime 850w which was about another 50 bucks CN. I also have extra drives, a 4TB WD Blue SSD and 2 HDDs in a R.A.I.D. 0 setup. But yeah it's a good system and I'm running the CPU @ 5GHz with no problems.

Last edited: