Do you prefer Desktop or Laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
i was thinking the other day about getting a pc to put on desk for any advantages for gaming and they say it's much more powerful overall. i've had laptops in the past for the simple desktop thing's and i like the portable advantage where you could take laptop with you anywhere, i can imagine the more pricey laptops will work well with gaming. im sort of deciding at the moment wether to get a pc to put on desk or to get a laptop more suitable to gaming. which do you prefer a laptop or pc? i'm saving up my loose change in a jar lol i remember my laptop i got now was about £200 2nd hand but i think i would like to pay bit more and get any advantages for paying a bit extra.

PC … much more powerful overall … the portable advantage where you could take laptop with you anywhere
You've summed it up there, so it entirely depends on your priority.

I've had both—an Alienware laptop for a few years while I needed mobility, otherwise a desktop for the better performance, choice of components [I build my desktop when feasible], and ability to upgrade. In short, I always pick desktop when mobility isn't important.

Check out these recent threads for further info:

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
thanks for the advice there guy's, it's like choices, choices everywhere lol i did get an idea of taking my current laptop to a pc shop and if they could sort of upgrade it, that would probably be cheaper way of making laptop better. it's good that recent laptops are getting to pc level performance.

Today's laptop probably matches a desktop from 3-5 years ago.

For about 99% of them, you right. but there are always exceptions. You can buy laptops that have silly parts in them (or in a normal year you can, not sure about this year) that almost reach desktop performance (mostly as they include desktop grade gpu). But its impossible to get through the endless spam topics to actually find the best one now. Laptops that are desktop replacements as you don't want them on your lap for too long as they get a little warm. They start to blur lines of portable.

I never had a laptop, I don't like what you don't get in return for its benefits. I like big screens and surround sound. Hard to get them and be portable so I just don't. 6 PC so far so I guess Desktop gets my vote. That and way more chance to replace/repair parts without needing an entire new motherboard just cause GPU stops. Unless desktop is a Dell but I would never buy from them.

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
you know like where your playing multiplayer and there's a speech bubble where player's are talking, is it worth having the headphones? it's like with my ps3 i don't use headphones but there's always someone talking and most of the time it's hard to make out lol it sounds like someone talking in to a cup, that's when im listening just through the tv. i was just wondering if the headphones make it much clearer to hear, i think i would have headphones to go with pc. i think actually i feel more drawn to a desktop now and i have space for it and because i like ps3 i think i would like to have a controller to use when gaming rather than mouse and keyboard style, which i might find abit awkwards until i get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS