Discussing the top sellers on Steam right now...Add your thoughts....

1) God of War: I'm really happy that this is doing so well. I can't believe it's beating out Monster Hunter: Rise
2) Monster Hunter Rise: Doing well, as expected. Capcom's most popular franchise.
3) Ready or Not: Doing great considering it was released in mid-December. I'd never heard of this, and even after reading the Steam page, I'm not 100 percent sure what it is. The game info says it's single player and co-op, but the game description seems to describe the co-op as "competitive". Dunno what that means. I'm sure it's the multiplayer that is making this popular, but the single player description makes it sound pretty interesting to me: talks about how they interviewed police departments for accuracy and that you'll be leading a tactical team of AI officers in a story-rich campaign.
4) Dying Light 2: Coming out on February 4th. Developers say it has over 500 hours of content. I loved the first one, and I'm going to buy this, but I won't be playing it for over 500 hours. Hopefully they didn't Ubisoft the hell out of this game.
5) Elden Ring: February 24 release date. This one is going to have to wait for me. Just too many games releasing at the beginning of the year that I want.
6) Nobody Saves the World: Top-down ARPG that released today. Has "mostly positive" reviews, but all of the reviews written in English are positive, so there's probably something offending Chinese players in there somewhere. They are the world leaders in review bombing by my observations.
7) Valve Index: This is always in the top ten somewhere because the list goes by how much money is spent on each game/item, and these cost approximately way too much.
8) Project Zomboid: Year 9 of early access. This game is usually a pretty good seller, but not in the top 10. I think what is driving the extra sales is the addition of multiplayer, which apparently happened in the last update.
9) Red Dead Redemption 2: Is 50 percent off. I'd give you more details, but I accidentally told Steam I wasn't old enough to go the store page, and now even changing my birthdate isn't enough to convince them. I appreciate Valve keeping me safe online.
10) Monster Hunter Rise: Deluxe Edition: For $15 extra dollars you get a few skins and emotes. Suckers.

I can only guess by looking at the number of user reviews, but it would appear that if you added the two Monster Hunter entries together, God of War would still be at number 1.

Last edited:
I want to buy Dying Light 2 pending reviews near release. Chris Avellone consulted on the story until the accusations came out. No idea what to make of all that, but the guy writes some good video game stories.

Hopefully lots of divergent paths that are making up a lot of that 500 hours of content because parts of the story get closed off with decisions. The parkour in Dying Light made just getting around the city a lot of fun, more of that would be good. I can do without the car stuff from The Following but I gather it was pretty popular so there'll probably be both.

Elden Ring whatever happens day 1. God of War looks great but I can wait for a sale, waited like 3 years already.

Interesting 2 of the top ten are not even released yet.

The only ones im interested in here is Dying Light 2 and God of War. 2 games i wont get until they hit a sale which im ok with.

Ready or Not i think is up there because it received heavy attention that the studio wanted to put a level in their game that involved a school shooting and when asked about it a dev. answered in a weird way that triggered people (he said something like "you bet ya!") next to the group of steam players that loved games like the SWAT series.

Already own Ready Dead and after playing that at max settings with DLSS and Raytracing, that game is a no brainer for a top seller.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Top Sellers is a regional thing. I don't have a clue how big a "region" is, though, or how often the list updates (is it sales in the last day, the last hour, the last week...?)

For me, the list is:
  1. God of War
  2. MONSTER HUNTER RISE (sheesh, all caps?)
  3. Valve Index VR Kit
  4. Dying Light 2 Stay Human
  5. Nobody Saves the World
  6. ELDEN RING (another all caps)
  7. Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach
  8. The Outer Worlds (67% off)
  9. MONSTER HUNTER RISE Delux Edition
  10. Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition
Ready or Not isn't on the list. Oh! But if I click the link to see the top sellers search, it shows up as third on the list!? Maybe I have something that's keeping early access games off the front page's list?

RDR2 is the only one of those I'll probably buy whenever I build my next PC.

I'm not 100 percent sure what it is … Dunno what that means
Isn't the marketing speak in game descriptions so annoying? I have a list of things I want to know about a game, and it's like pulling teeth to find them out—read player reviews, pro reviews, watch some gameplay… grr.

changing my birthdate isn't enough to convince them. I appreciate Valve keeping me safe online
Use a different browser.

Dying Light 2 … Hopefully lots of divergent paths that are making up a lot of that 500 hours of content
"campaign … 20 hours, … campaign and side quests will run about 30"

Top Sellers is a regional thing. I don't have a clue how big a "region" is, though, or how often the list updates (is it sales in the last day, the last hour, the last week...?)

For me, the list is:
  1. God of War
  3. Valve Index VR Kit
Ready or Not isn't on the list. Oh! But if I click the link to see the top sellers search, it shows up as third on the list!? Maybe I have something that's keeping early access games off the front page's list?

Five Nights at Freddy's is still this popular? Aren't there like a dozen games in the series already with pretty similar gameplay?

Isn't the marketing speak in game descriptions so annoying? I have a list of things I want to know about a game, and it's like pulling teeth to find them out—read player reviews, pro reviews, watch some gameplay… grr.

I receive all my game information through osmosis. I've developed a robust system that only allows information about interesting games to filter through. All of you are now part of this as well and your continued service is appreciated.

For me, the list is:
  1. God of War
  3. Valve Index VR Kit
I didn't do the regional. I did the global. If you just pick "top sellers" it will be regional, but there's the option to pick "global".

Reactions: Zloth

Zloth

Community Contributor
27th on the list is WWE 2K 22. Not exactly high on the list, but the game doesn't release for six weeks. More to the point, the last version of the game was HORRIBLE! But people are lining up to pre-order??

Oh, wait a minute.... at the top of my global search it says: "Bubbled up for you by Steam Labs." My top list might be getting warped by my own play history.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS