Question Diablo 4 Causing PC Reboots

Feb 19, 2023
Visit site
As the title says, I'm having trouble with my pc rebooting while playing D4. Sometimes early on, today after an hour or so. There is no real pattern, but its obviously something I need to resolve.

I have no idea what could cause this. I hand picked all the components to ensure being able to play this, or virtually any game at the highest levels, and a friend of mine and I
just built it less than six weeks ago. I based it around an AMD Ryzen 9 7900X and an AMD 7900XTX. It has 32gb of very high quality DDR5 ram, and excellent liquid cooling via an NZXT Kraken 240 liquid cooling system. I also have all updated drivers.

It's a mystery as to why this is happening. Any thoughts and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Does anything show in reliability history? Search for it in windows.

It will report restarts as hardware errors. I just curious if anything else showing.

Its unlikely to be GPU drivers as AMD Crash Defender would go off - its part of Adrenalin. Are you on 23.5.2? Latest version, did something for Diablo

What are full specs?

Corsair only suggest an 850 for that combo, so 1k should be enough.

Did you use individual cables for each PCI connection? It shouldn't make a difference but maybe.

I have same PSU with a 7900XT. Alas, not same CPU.

Feb 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I did check reliability issues in Windows as you recommended. There were hardware errors that took place when the reboots happened. They say:

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffd90ef7c72050
Parameter 2: fffff807cd205300
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: fb4

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts