Dealing with the lot of cyber bullying

Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi guys, this is Yale from Cali
I want to discuss a topic that's been on my mind lately. Have you ever felt targeted or harassed online because of your gender or skill level? I've experienced this firsthand being a lady gamer, and I'm curious to know if anyone else has gone through similar situations. I mean I was so depressed that I didnt wanna even come near my PC.

Reactions: Alm

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Not, not myself.
I guess the specific games may have a bigger or smaller problem related to this.
Like, the more popular the game (and especially those which are f2p) the biggest % of players will be some sort of assholes or kids trying to impress others by being assholes.

Even in the most "toxic" game I played, which was Mordhau, I didn't give a single flying V (cheers to anyone getting the reference ;)) about people spamming gibberish. Maybe once or twice I'd get a laugh from these, but in general I would ignore it or keep closed.
In others games, if somebody was spamming me or messaging me for my gameplay that usually meant they're angry as nine hells, which means I did something right. And still, couldn't be bothered by that.

And on the topic of girl gamers, I have must been lucky that there were always gaming girls around the communities I played in.
Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 days of playing in a clan? We had girls there. Nobody had issue with them. If somebody on a server would have, we would lovingly start hunting such a person until they left.
For clan wars or even some early ESL games, we would 99% of the time run with a full male rosters due to skill, but the girls were still above the average.
Hunt: Showdown? Yup, again, have a few girls on our server that we play with and nobody has any issues with them or their skill level.

If this bothers you, maybe think about switching games you play or find a community that is not a bunch of teenagers.

Still, this is very general and may or may not apply to your situations.
But hey: it's not worth getting depressed over something some idiot said to you in-game.
IMHO of course.

Reactions: Alm
I’ve been kicked from a Counter Strike game for playing poorly. I haven’t played for a few years now. There were always at least a couple of toxic players on every server, often most of the server was toxic.

I love the game but it’s not worth it for me to play with a holes.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi guys, this is Yale from Cali
I want to discuss a topic that's been on my mind lately. Have you ever felt targeted or harassed online because of your gender or skill level? I've experienced this firsthand being a lady gamer, and I'm curious to know if anyone else has gone through similar situations. I mean I was so depressed that I didnt wanna even come near my PC.
Although I haven't gone through anything like this, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you
My friends were into playful teasing but it never became too serious.
You should take some time for yourself and remember that you're the best at what you are. I hope you don't give up on your hobby. :))

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS