Cyberpunk 2077

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
TBH I expected RTX 2060 in the recommended specs and I'm pleasantly surprised. I hope that the game will run really good on the posted machine. I wonder how high the requirements will go up with ray tracing enabled. I guess we'll still have to wait to find out.

Zloth

Community Contributor
It might not be optimization, it might just be a lot of options. They've got a LOT of cash they can throw at this game.

I've been poking around a little in the old Cyberpunk 2020 rules. I had completely forgotten that the EU had risen up and eclipsed both the USA and the USSR in that world!

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Need to finish Handes and Brutal playthrough of Brutal Legend before Cyberpunk 2077.
Shadowlands being delayed is great news since it frees so much of my time.

May 1, 2020
Visit site

This must reeeaaally suck for the devs 😢 I don’t mind that much about the delays, I can wait, although this one I truly didn’t see coming.

Regardless, my biggest gaming-related concern right now is getting a g****mned RTX 3080 because, otherwise, I won’t get to play Cyberpunk 2077 and any other new/new-ish game in both my backlog and my wishlist (RDR2, H:ZD, Dishonored 2, Doom: Eternal, and a looong etc.) 😔

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Does that mean 21 more days of crunch?
Hope devs take care and I wish them all the best.

Unfortunately this means heavy crunching and I'm afraid this won't end with the release date. The game will probably need some patches after it's released and someone has to do these patches. It's the reality of AAA releases.

Latest Cyberpunk news (also Night City Wire on the 19th to look forward too):
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yQ--nrwy5w
Some have complained the streets look a bit deserted while driving, but that could be because of how the video has been edited, or perhaps it is a downgrading/zone/transition thing. I dunno, I did not take too much notice of it though. What I did find a bit awkward were the fighting scenes. Seemed a bit choppy and hard to tell what the hell was going on. I hope it is because of video compression.

The overall impression of the video and what has been shown in the past is that the characters, sound/music details, and environments seem really well made. It feels like a futuristic city and one I am happily going to dive into on the 10th of December.

Last edited:
wow that combat looks.... pretty rough around the edges, to say the least. gameplay was the thing that turned me off from the witcher, I've been hoping it's better in cyberpunk but that doesn't instill a lot of confidence. i'm still reserving judgement though, because it's entirely possible it just comes off poorly but plays better than it looks, and it isn't shown much here.

Reactions: Frindis

Zloth

Community Contributor
Turn! TURN ALREADY! Arg, how can people stand playing a game like this with a controller?

@drunkpunk - combat looked great to me. This is an RPG so, if you're comparing combat, it should be to something like Mass Effect. (Played with a fraggin' controller.)

So how is this game going to work in all those Game of the Year awards? The release date puts this game right in the myopic zone between when the 'game of the year' awards are announced and the actual end of the year. Will companies put off their announcement? Will they give out the award based on review copies? Will they actually remember and nominate Cyberpunk in 2021?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS