Cyberpunk 2077

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
We'll wait for the game. We don't have any other option, do we? ;) Two months isn't that long. I have a feeling that the older I get the more time speeds up. So we won't even notice when it's November and we'll all be playing CP2077. :) Today CDPR announced that the game will be fully compatible with next gen consoles, so it won't be a big problem if they're released before CP2077.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Sad news but I sorta saw it coming. It’s OK though, it should give me more time to clear my backlog a tiny little bit, plus AMD and Nvidia should’ve released their new cards by then (hopefully, fingers crossed!)

Reactions: Frindis

Sarafan

Community Contributor
So what are your impressions? I was a little disappointed that the Wire didn't show any core game mechanics (except "brain dance"). But fortunately there are videos of it on gaming sites. I've got mixed feelings. This can still be an outstanding game, but I can see clearly that it'll have its problems. The worst thing will probably be the driving model. It looks quite "wooden". It can't match the one from GTA V. As the game is almost finished, we won't probably see any significant improvement of this element. Also there's a problem with traffic on the streets. It looks very generic and has a tendency to disappear once we move out of main locations. But I like the atmosphere in overall. The Night City looks very good and it's very close to my imagination of a cyberpunk city.

Reactions: MauMM
May 1, 2020
Visit site
So what are your impressions? I was a little disappointed that the Wire didn't show any core game mechanics (except "brain dance"). But fortunately there are videos of it on gaming sites. I've got mixed feelings. This can still be an outstanding game, but I can see clearly that it'll have its problems. The worst thing will probably be the driving model. It looks quite "wooden". It can't match the one from GTA V. As the game is almost finished, we won't probably see any significant improvement of this element. Also there's a problem with traffic on the streets. It looks very generic and has a tendency to disappear once we move out of main locations. But I like the atmosphere in overall. The Night City looks very good and it's very close to my imagination of a cyberpunk city.

I didn’t like the format they used for the Wire, I expected more gameplay and less talking, although I did like the news about the anime. Thankfully some outlets released a more complete look at the gameplay:

Despite some of the issues seen in this gameplay demo (like melee and driving) and the removed/non-implemented-after-all features that were recently reported (like wallrunning), the game overall for me is looking a bit more promising than I expected. I was expecting something akin to a mix between Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Fallout: New Vegas with an even more interesting “experience” (e.g. more exploration and more mechanics than those two games) and it looks like that’s what I’ll probably get :D

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I didn’t like the format they used for the Wire, I expected more gameplay and less talking, although I did like the news about the anime. Thankfully some outlets released a more complete look at the gameplay:

That's exactly my thoughts as well!

Despite some of the issues seen in this gameplay demo (like melee and driving) and the removed/non-implemented-after-all features that were recently reported (like wallrunning), the game overall for me is looking a bit more promising than I expected. I was expecting something akin to a mix between Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Fallout: New Vegas with an even more interesting “experience” (e.g. more exploration and more mechanics than those two games) and it looks like that’s what I’ll probably get

I wonder whether the stealth aspect will be as good as in the new Deus Ex games. From what I've read there are some problems and the player is quite frequently forced to take a more direct aproach. I was planning on playing with a stealth character, but right now I'll probably think this over.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I wonder whether the stealth aspect will be as good as in the new Deus Ex games. From what I've read there are some problems and the player is quite frequently forced to take a more direct aproach. I was planning on playing with a stealth character, but right now I'll probably think this over.

I wonder that too. From what I can tell so far, the game seems to use a simple noise- and line-of-sight-based stealth system but slightly more fleshed out than your average open world RPG (e.g. carry and conceal bodies if the player has the right stats, hack some environmental elements to cause distractions, etc). A little immersive sim-like without being as laser-focused on it as a game like Dishonored.

Reactions: Sarafan
Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
I've preordered it (don't hate me, I don't usually preorder but it's CD Projekt Red we're talking about) back when it announced release date was in April.
They have postponed it twice and I have no problem with that. I believe they'll give us an amazing experience and polished product.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I've preordered it (don't hate me, I don't usually preorder but it's CD Projekt Red we're talking about) back when it announced release date was in April.
They have postponed it twice and I have no problem with that. I believe they'll give us an amazing experience and polished product.

I'm also considering to pre-order the game. I never do that, but this time I'll probably do an exception. The game probably won't be ideal, but it's in my taste. I love the combination of RPG and FPS.

I fell off my chair watching Roach go down the icy hills in Skellige, he was only using his front legs while both rear legs were up in the air kicking about. So hilarious. I'm sure if we call for our vehicle in 2077 at least once or twice it'll spawn on top of the roof of a building... lol

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I fell off my chair watching Roach go down the icy hills in Skellige, he was only using his front legs while both rear legs were up in the air kicking about. So hilarious. I'm sure if we call for our vehicle in 2077 at least once or twice it'll spawn on top of the roof of a building... lol

Spawning your vehicle on top of the building is a nice idea for an easter egg. For example someone might steal your car and you find him standing on one of the buildings. :)

Reactions: Volley

Sarafan

Community Contributor
The next Night City Wire is scheduled for Monday, August 10 at 6 PM CEST. I presume this time we'll see more in-game footage. CDPR announced that we'll see details about life paths, weapon types and anti-establishment rock bands (whatever this means :)).

May 1, 2020
Visit site
Official PC system requirements are out and are surprisingly "soft". I guess they optimize it really well and the recommended settings are not the "ultra super high" graphic settings.

View: https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1306991768387321856

Yep, they represent what's required for running the game at 1080p (and at 30fps I pressume) :

Still, pretty good requirements. Awesome shots of the city in today's Wire by the way!

TRENDING THREADS