Cyberpunk 2077

Page 6 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Sarafan

Community Contributor
a question to anyone currently playing this-is it worth buying as it is,now or shoud i wait?

Actually I think that even the release date version of the game was worth buying (at least on PC). Apart from some optimization problems and glitches here and there, I haven't noticed anything game breaking. But there are of course people who experienced a lot more problems. I can't tell in what state the game is right now, but when we consider that it was fully playable on the release date, there's no reason not to buy it. It's better after all these patches for sure.

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
Hy guys i want to start to play Cyberpunk 2077 but i am not sure because I see that with the update 1.2 there are so more gliches left to fix. This guy it's talking about in this video and i think I will wait a little more .
What do you thinking? It's time to buy the game or just wait a little more??

Sep 20, 2021
Visit site
Hy guys i want to start to play Cyberpunk 2077 but i am not sure because I see that with the update 1.2 there are so more gliches left to fix. This guy it's talking about in this video and i think I will wait a little more .
What do you thinking? It's time to buy the game or just wait a little more??

It depends :D I play Cyberpunk 2077 since June, I played 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 patch and any of these had minor glitches, for example strange AI, when Jack don't know what he must do. I completed game and I didn't experience bugs that broke my game. But it is CD Project, I think in next year Cyberpunk will be 50% cheaper.
If you want to play now I can tell you that you won't waste your money ( if you buy with discount!)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Bringing this back to the forefront. Did anyone start playing with Cyberpunk's new 2.0 update?

I agree with PCG's new article about this:

I havent done much yet, just some cop chases (everyones first thing they do i bet lol) but i will be starting a new character today to really see, obviously it looks beautiful with the new optimizations too.

On a side note: I dont think developers should follow this behavior. I think what CP2077 is now, shouldve been its release (minus the dlc). With that, there are a few titles i can think of that would have absolutely benefited from what CDPR has done but this shouldnt become the norm even though, in a way, it already has.

I loved it at launch despite all the bugs but it was absolutely not up to its potential at that time. Barely played much after the first couple of weeks after launch, but this is a great reason to get back into it. However, I’m still playing Starfield, it would be impossible for me to make enough time to play both. Even though CP2077 is arguably the more mechanically advanced game, I can’t pull myself away from Starfield at the moment. I bet there will be a few more hotfixes in the weeks to come for CP2077 so maybe in a month or so when I’m ready to jump back into it, it will be even more polished. 2.0 almost seems like a brand new game so there are bound to be some more bugs that need ironing out. I hope everyone playing the new update has fun!

Sep 22, 2023
Visit site
Although I rarely play games, I decided to give it a try and it really sucked me in. I really like the gameplay, the plot branches and the fairly openness of the world. I haven’t tested the update that came out recently, but I’m already eager to try everything out.

I dont think developers should follow this behavior
"Pride comes before the fall"

I suspect and hope that what happened was that CDPR started feeling invincible after their run of success, which led to unwise marketing announcements in the glare of much bigger media attention. Their ultimate mistake was not having the wisdom to go back on those unfounded announcements and polish their product before release.

It happens in all walks of life, CEOs and similar are just as susceptible to human weaknesses as the rest of us.

Do have to give them credit for sticking with it improving it rather than dumping it and moving on

Yeah, I'm delighted CDPR took this route, they're one of a few devs which I hold/held in high regard.

Anyway, I look forward to CP77 being a fine purchase in a few years—as I understand it, the recent release wraps the series up and that's the end of it. Right? So the Complete with all goodies should be out within 18 months maybe.

Reactions: Pifanjr