Curved or Flat Monitor?

Feb 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi my son wants to start PC gaming. He wants a 32-34" monitor.

I know some find it sacrilege, but as he is a console gamer he will be connecting his Xbox controller to the PC, because he moves around so much when gamming.

With all that in mind, would you recommend a flat or curved monitor?

I am in the process of doing a PC build for him with CPU Ryzen 9 5950x and GPU RX 6800 XT and I'm wanting IPS panel.

So if anyone has recommendations for a specific monitor that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.

Reactions: MZ OI

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums!

I personally enjoy my curved monitors. I have 3 of them set up and playing racing or flight games with a 3 of those in line is absolutely fantastic. I also think PC monitors are really the only type of monitor that does well being curved as generally there is only an audience of 1 and they are pretty close. Though I have no issues with flat monitors. So instead I will leave you with some of the monitors I have had the chance to use and that I recommend

Dell S2721DGF 32" probably one of the best deals you can get for a monitor of this size and features
Asus Predator 34" while on the more pricey side, this is what I use for my primary monitor. I love the extra USB ports in the back and it has a lot of fantastic features
MSI Ultra Wide 34" MSI makes some pretty solid monitors. This one stuck out to me because of some of the features I never thought I really wanted, but it has. It has a built in mount for a camera for streaming and has a way to set up for notifications. I used the notifications light to inform me of emails so that it could at least slightly seem like I do my job.

I hope this helps and I have no doubts you will get some more suggestions from here!

TRENDING THREADS