JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
View: https://youtu.be/4AZB64VBJfA?t=15

I can't lie, I hated that error sound. What are some sounds that make you feel like
View: https://giphy.com/gifs/angry-mad-frustrated-6xgslyYQCyLa8

The error sound, Mario Dying, Snake being discovered in Metal Gear Solid, that noise right before the imposter gets you in Among Us, the wawawawawa laughter & the dog snickering from Duck Hunt. Honestly lol it's too many to name!

Reactions: Dan

Zloth

Community Contributor
Rocky areas in Elex. For reasons I can't fathom, they decided there's got to be an ambient sound when you're in a rocky area in that game. Instead of, you know, the typical total lack of sound that perfectly static rocks make, they included a bunch of cracking and the sound of some small pebbles rolling down a rock face. The first time I heard it, I thought they were hinting to me that the mountain was going to come down soon! Nope. As near as I can tell, some developer just noticed there were no sounds for that sort of area so "rock sounds" were plugged in. Arg.

Also, I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel which is a very old style JRPG with very old style graphics and animations. When a person walks, there's a "kuk kuk kuk" as each foot hits the ground - like they're wearing clogs. OK, fine, it's made for the equivalent of a PS2 - and kinda funny when a cat makes the sound. However, this is a story about a class of 9+ students. When they all walk at the same time, it's a clog avalanche! GGHAAA!!

Zloth

Community Contributor
They HURTS us! Nassty rocks soundses!!

Plus it's the only time that's ever happened to me - at least in that way. Plenty of games had annoyingly short cycles for their background noises (the old 'crowd murmur' where one voice rises a bit above the rest every 3 seconds, exactly, for the whole ten minutes you're in that crowd) but ELEX is the only one where I've been annoyed at the actual content of background sounds.

Still, I'm sure the wounds will heal.

Some day.

This might "sound" or read weird to you but I had to repair an Alienware 17 R4 laptop...of which was to give it a good cleaning. Now there was no hiccups while the laptop was put back together nor when I installed the latest version of Windows 10(20H2) and the necessary drivers, until a day later, the laptop suddenly decides to emit a static, crackle, pop, boom sound from the right side of the speakers without rhyme or reason. It'd pop as soon as you pressed the power button, it'd then emit the crash audio found back in the 90's on PC's with the crude audio output of that era.

After 2 days trying to narrow the problem(if the replacement battery was having a power delivery issue, or if the adapter I'd replaced was faulty or if I had damaged a cable or segment of the motherboard) and it came down to the silly Realtek drivers and the add-on sound amplification app that's bundled on the installer found off of Dell's support page. The solution was...hunt for Realtek drivers version 6.0.8816.1 and then manually uninstall all remnants of Realtek, reinstall the version listed above in an elevated command, reboot, then have OS perform an update to have the add-on come back...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the horrible cacophony is now gone.

TL,DR; I hate it when Windows 10 and Realtek don't want to work with eachother in the driver's department.

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
This might "sound" or read weird to you but I had to repair an Alienware 17 R4 laptop...of which was to give it a good cleaning. Now there was no hiccups while the laptop was put back together nor when I installed the latest version of Windows 10(20H2) and the necessary drivers, until a day later, the laptop suddenly decides to emit a static, crackle, pop, boom sound from the right side of the speakers without rhyme or reason. It'd pop as soon as you pressed the power button, it'd then emit the crash audio found back in the 90's on PC's with the crude audio output of that era.

After 2 days trying to narrow the problem(if the replacement battery was having a power delivery issue, or if the adapter I'd replaced was faulty or if I had damaged a cable or segment of the motherboard) and it came down to the silly Realtek drivers and the add-on sound amplification app that's bundled on the installer found off of Dell's support page. The solution was...hunt for Realtek drivers version 6.0.8816.1 and then manually uninstall all remnants of Realtek, reinstall the version listed above in an elevated command, reboot, then have OS perform an update to have the add-on come back...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the horrible cacophony is now gone.

TL,DR; I hate it when Windows 10 and Realtek don't want to work with eachother in the driver's department.
Realtek has been getting on my nerves lately. I feel this!

• Love
Reactions: Lutfij

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
I stopped playing Final Fantasy on my PlayStation mini because I was running into too many random enemies and the sound was dreadful!! That and being in a cave in Pokemon without repellant. THROW THE WHOLE GAME AWAY! lol

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS