Crusader Kings III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
Hey,

would anyone mind a general thread about Crusader Kings? I enjoy this game so much, so many funny and weird things can happen. I would like to hear your stories!

So I am High King of Ireland at the moment. Scotland and Wales are non-existent and my next target would be England. Somehow the Isle of Man belonged to Sweden and to get it I had to send my troops, of course, to Sweden. Which is annoying enough, but whilst my armies where raiding, fighting and sieging in Sweden, I didn't pay attention to what happened in my beloved Kingdom... and my dear son and Heir got slain in a siege. That was really unfortunate, because I prepared him to be even more intrigue and callous than me. Luckily I have another son (and two daughters), so I hope he can be a superb ruler one day.

One mistake I did was the change of the succession rule. I have elections now and most of the time I have to force someone to vote for my son. That fear of death whilst your sister or cousin is elected as Heir ...

Tell your stories! :)

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
I am so sad. I died because of obesity when I was sixty years old. I was so close to rule Iceland, I only had to abduct/kill three more people, but I did not have enough time. In addition, I didn't have enough time to get a hook from one of my electors which meant that not my oldest son Condla II was Heir, but my youngest son Domnall II. He has 4 points in Intrigue... The great Kingdom of Ireland fell apart. I want to start over. 😫

I made a lot of mistakes. Let's see how it goes.

Edit: Oh, wasn't that hard. I immediately declared war against him, now he is my prisoner and the Kingdom is restored. 😇

Last edited:
Reactions: Pifanjr
Over the weekend I managed to unite the kingdom of Hispania, consecrated the bloodline, converted the Pope to witchcraft, and now I'm working on breeding super children. My son has had 6 kids, each one with a negative congenital trait, so I tried to breed the giant with an albino to see what happens. Unfortunately I didn't get a giant albino, but I did manage to keep the giant trait going. This is going to be my next attempt, hoping to get a giant, beautiful, herculean genius.

View: https://i.imgur.com/BVxYuSK.png

Reactions: Sylv and Yggdrasill
Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
Awesome! You have achieved a lot. I've not focused on "perfect children" yet, but it sounds fun.

I stopped to play my Irish Lads, it was too much of a downhill. Biggest mistake was probably my change of the succession law. I just went for it because it was under the decision category and I thought it would be a good thing. Well, I guess it is, but I lost so much control. Not only got my kingdom split up to all my brothers, they also declared war after war against me, I couldn't defend, in the end I was only a powerless vassal.

Oh, and at one point (when I still had all of my Kingdom), the Roman Empire declared a holy war against me and my faith, that was the start of losing everything. Whole of Europe was against me, I had no chance.

At the moment I am playing in Iceland.

Reactions: Sylv and drunkpunk
Ah yeah I've also made that decision as the Irish and it ruined everything. I also just did it because it was there. Never again, though.

Unfortunately my breeding experiment didn't produce the results I wanted. No albino giants. I have managed to keep the giant trait going, and one of my dwarf sons has had a bunch of dwarf kids, so it looks like I have a short branch of the family and a tall one now. I'm approaching year 1300 though and while my vassals have expanded my empire quite a bit, it's getting a bit stale and I might go for another run tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS