cpu cooler question

Feb 20, 2022
Visit site
I'm wondering if the AMD fan cpu cooler would be enough for a Ryzen 7 7500X or would it be better to have a liquid cooler? The computer would not be pushed too hard, maybe.....lol

COLGeek

Do you mean the 5700X? The 7000-series isn't available yet.

Also, which AMD wraith cooler are you referring to? There are several variants, some cooling better than others.

Personally, I recommend and use Noctua coolers, vice liquid (AIO) and especially replacing the AMD units (they tend to run loud and cool relatively poorly).

Feb 20, 2022
Visit site
Do you mean the 5700X? The 7000-series isn't available yet.

Also, which AMD wraith cooler are you referring to? There are several variants, some cooling better than others.

Personally, I recommend and use Noctua coolers, vice liquid (AIO) and especially replacing the AMD units (they tend to run loud and cool relatively poorly).
Yes I typed it wrong, it is the Ryzen 7 5700X (I get things turned around sometimes) and the cooler is the AMD Ryzen Premium Wraith CPU cooler.

Aug 22, 2022
Visit site
I'm wondering if the AMD fan cpu cooler would be enough for a Ryzen 7 7500X or would it be better to have a liquid cooler? The computer would not be pushed too hard, maybe.....lol

Mines a R7 3700X (getting a bit dated now but still great)

I changed the stock AMD Premium Wraith stock cooler to a Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator and Fan CPU Cooler and it does a really good job. I don't remember the figures but it was significant and doesn't clog up with dust so easily having a bigger surface area, just doesn't have the pretty lights and does take up a lot of room inside the case.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS