Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 83 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Someone spread a rumor on my sports site. It's pretty obviously not true, but everyone is believing it. I posted that I would bet anyone interested $100 that the rumor is not true. So far the bet is up to $400.

Keep it coming, boys.

I feel a nice boost to my PC build is in the works.

I actually know that I'm correct. I talked to the player's mom on Facebook. I didn't believe it to begin with, but thought I'd make sure before collecting everyone's cash.

Someone spread a rumor on my sports site. It's pretty obviously not true, but everyone is believing it. I posted that I would bet anyone interested $100 that the rumor is not true. So far the bet is up to $400.

Keep it coming, boys.

I feel a nice boost to my PC build is in the works.

I actually know that I'm correct. I talked to the player's mom on Facebook. I didn't believe it to begin with, but thought I'd make sure before collecting everyone's cash.
Might be a good way to start “betting fraud”. Get correct information about players from their family, friends, colleagues etc., have someone spread rumors that are the opposite of the facts, bet people that the rumor is not true, prove it then collect the money. Seems like easy profit:ROFLMAO:

It's just my parents-in-law, we wouldn't have space for any more guests. I don't really mind them being around. My father in law is the type of guy who loves fixing stuff, so he immediately started working on fixing one of the broken legs of our couch despite being horribly jet-lagged, while my mother-in-law mostly cares about spending time with our daughter, who is more than happy showing off all of her skills.

My wife however is a lot more stressed about the entire thing. Getting the house ready was already stressful and we weren't really done yet by the time they showed up, plus she doesn't always get along with her parents very well, so we'll have to see how that goes.

Your Father in Law sounds like my kind of guy, as I have similar issues.

I thought Co-Pilot should be proficient in helping me fix issues with Windows 10 since you know they’re both made by Microsoft (I know ChatGPT is made by OpenAI but you get my point). I’m having an issue where all my icons are blank white boxes or generic default Windows icons. My image files no longer show thumbnails but instead just default image file icons.

After doing about 15 different suggestions Co-Pilot gave me to fix my problem, still nothing. I then remembered when I did a clean install last September, I went into performance options and turned everything off, things like animations, transitions, shadows etc, just to give me a insignificant boost when I don’t need it. Among those options is “show thumbnail instead of icon” which was unchecked, and wouldn’t ya know it, it fixed all icons regardless if they were image files or not.

I get Co-Pilot offers tons of general suggestions especially if I’m not too specific in my message about what I think may have caused it, but every suggestion it gave me did nothing. Things like manually rebuilding thumbnail indexing, force restarting file explorer, running the DISM tool in command prompt, all good suggestions but the real solution seemed rather simple. I’ll still use it, but I was a bit unhappy that it didn’t help like I wanted it to.

especially if I’m not too specific in my message

That's the key in my limited experience—the more you can nail down your requirements, the better the result will be. Which is quite like normal search.

I'm really disappointed it didn't tell you to turn it off and on again as a first step tho, that's poor :(

I thought Co-Pilot should be proficient in helping me fix issues with Windows 10 since you know they’re both made by Microsoft (I know ChatGPT is made by OpenAI but you get my point). I’m having an issue where all my icons are blank white boxes or generic default Windows icons. My image files no longer show thumbnails but instead just default image file icons.

After doing about 15 different suggestions Co-Pilot gave me to fix my problem, still nothing. I then remembered when I did a clean install last September, I went into performance options and turned everything off, things like animations, transitions, shadows etc, just to give me a insignificant boost when I don’t need it. Among those options is “show thumbnail instead of icon” which was unchecked, and wouldn’t ya know it, it fixed all icons regardless if they were image files or not.

I get Co-Pilot offers tons of general suggestions especially if I’m not too specific in my message about what I think may have caused it, but every suggestion it gave me did nothing. Things like manually rebuilding thumbnail indexing, force restarting file explorer, running the DISM tool in command prompt, all good suggestions but the real solution seemed rather simple. I’ll still use it, but I was a bit unhappy that it didn’t help like I wanted it to.
I had a problem with my sound settings resetting a couple of times a day. It was no help. I finally figured out it was losing connection with my headphones due to a faulty cable.

Daughter got a job at Sam's Club. She wasn't working for about 5 months, just living off her college fund, but apparently she got tired of the tight budget. She's making $4 an hour more than she was at her old job.

It's been a week since my in-laws arrived and it's going about as well as I could have hoped for. Our daughter was only shy around them for a few minutes and is now okay with being left alone with them for a couple of hours. Our dog similarly adjusted to them pretty quickly. I've been able to work from home with them around without issues. Only my wife is stressed, but she hasn't gotten into any major fights with her parents yet.

I just haven't had time to play any games and I'm not sure I'll get any until my in-laws leave.

I've been almost a vegetarian for about a month now. What I really, really want are half-a-dozen large gyros, so I can dump all the beef and lamb onto a plate and devour it.

Edit: I've changed my avatar to my true love.

These are awesome

Honestly I'd mostly rather eat these than ground beef. In the air fryer, their crispy and got a nice bite to them. Plus if you still want some meat, can throw some bacon onto them and then you're getting all that flavor and some meat without all the extra stuff that comes with a beef patty.

Maybe I missed a post, but how come you decided to do Vegetarian?

These are awesome

Honestly I'd mostly rather eat these than ground beef. In the air fryer, their crispy and got a nice bite to them. Plus if you still want some meat, can throw some bacon onto them and then you're getting all that flavor and some meat without all the extra stuff that comes with a beef patty.

Maybe I missed a post, but how come you decided to do Vegetarian?
Just trying to get rid of as much dietary fat as possible and see if I feel better. Been sick for awhile, though, so I need to get completely rid of this virus before I can expect to feel good.

Just trying to get rid of as much dietary fat as possible and see if I feel better. Been sick for awhile, though, so I need to get completely rid of this virus before I can expect to feel good.

Sorry to hear.

I ought to do something similar, because the lack of energy I have in general is pretty pathetic. Granted, I have two little kids, but that might only be an excuse...

I watched the first episode of the new Fallout show and it's...fine? I've seen nothing but raving about it so far. which doesn't feel completely warranted. The acting is so-so, the characters are so-so and the setting, while cool, probably isn't enough to keep me going with the rest. I may end-up watching more, but if I didn't watch anymore episodes, I don't think I'd be terribly sad.

Granted, I was only partially paying attention while building a new model (which was a frustrating POS), but by the same token, it wasn't exactly gripping my attention enough for me to set that aside and fully invest.

TRENDING THREADS