Celebrate #LoveYourPetDay by Sharing Your Favorite Gaming Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Thinking back on gaming going back to the 1970s, there is a long tradition of hooking players in by pairing us up with adorable, powerful, or annoying pets.

In honor of #LoveYourPetDay what's your favorite gaming pet?

Fable 2 definitely came to play with the inclusion of your trusty Dog, but maybe you're more of a Half Life Headcrab type person. No judgment here.

So, shout out to all the pets we've shared our adventures with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazer and Frindis

CParsons

Staff member
Roach from The Witcher because the parts where Geralt talks to Roach are just plain hilarious!

Still kinda strange - how you cross the ocean when I call sometimes but can get hung up on the tiniest fence. What's that about?

Reactions: Rensje

Zoid

Community Contributor
Definitely Dogmeat, my loyal Fallout companion. He doesn't speak, he doesn't get in my way (too often), he'll chomp onto tough enemies to save me in fights, and best of all he's sneaky. I'll take the other companions along on story missions where it makes sense, but if I'm just out exploring the wasteland then Dogmeat is my pick every time.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Selfishly, my favorite is this adorable little bulldog pupper designed for me by a colleague back when I worked on the game Trove.

Winston.gif

My favourite gaming pet would be my house cat, which we called Khajiit so it totally counts!
That's him on the left.

FqrSYDS.jpg

'Khajiit has wares if you have treats'.

The one on the right is called Baldr, and the video game Too Human (ugh) had a protagonist with the same name so I guess that counts too.
---

In all seriousness though, I don't really know very many video game pets that weren't already named by other posters. I guess Epona (or any horse) from Breath of the Wild. That's the first game where I felt like I was actually bonding with my mount, which is a rare thing in gaming.

Polterpup from Luigi's Mansion also gets a shoutout because he's so gooey and totally adorbs!

Zoid

Community Contributor
My favourite gaming pet would be my house cat, which we called Khajiit so it totally counts!
That's him on the left.

'Khajiit has wares if you have treats'.

The one on the right is called Baldr, and the video game Too Human (ugh) had a protagonist with the same name so I guess that counts too.
---

In all seriousness though, I don't really know very many video game pets that weren't already named by other posters. I guess Epona (or any horse) from Breath of the Wild. That's the first game where I felt like I was actually bonding with my mount, which is a rare thing in gaming.

Polterpup from Luigi's Mansion also gets a shoutout because he's so gooey and totally adorbs!
Khajiit! Awesome name for that cat. Also wow, I haven't heard about Too Human in a long time.

Epona and Polterpup are great submissions as well!

@SHaines used to play Trove with my nephews a couple of years back. I loved to build houses with transparent colored blocks and my favorite mount would have to be the Nimble Nimbus. I remember us being in the community with one of the most popular twitch streamer of Trove back then and he used to do a lot of free Shadowkey runs and off course showing of his radiant gear, which not too many had back then if my memory serves me right.

A little late to this party, but my favorite in game pet ever is the creepy crate from WoW!

by Woeful Wraith, on Flickr

But not my creepy crate specifically, but rather the creepy crate owned by another member of the guild I was in. Her creepy crate was special, very special indeed!

Now the creepy crate was a unique pet not only because it was a monstrous crate, but it ate critters. Walk by one of the critters in the game, squirrels and the like, and the crate would stick out a monster tongue and snatch that critter right up. But not her crate, nope, her crate ate more. Her crate would also eat players and NPCs. Yep. In Stormwind by the auction house. It was as hilarious as you're imagining it to be right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS