Question Buying a new Gaming Pc

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Thank you!

I would like to get something cheaper, but if the MSI B550 A PRO is as you said the baseline I'll go for it.

Ryzen 7 5800X is really tempting but if I want to save money and get a decent monitor maybe I should go for the Ryzen 5 5600 as @Why_Me suggested?
Am I gonna be limited in the futur if I get the Ryzen 5 or should I go for the Ryzen 7? Is the difference that big?
If you go with AMD look at the 5600 or the 5700X.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
According to them the build will be something like this :

CASE: ASUS TUF GT301
MOTHERBOARD : ASUS B550-A
CPU : AMD RYZEN 5 5600X (3.7 GHz / 4.6 GHz)
GPU: RTX 3060Ti 8GB
RAM :T-FORCE 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
STORAGE SSD: PNY 1TB
PSU : NZXT 650X 80PLUS Gold

Of course the PNY SSD is a SATA so I will be replacing it.

What do you think of this build, should I keep it like this or are the options you gave me before better?
The build you will suggested me now might be the one I will go for.

Thank you! :D

Reactions: Why_Me
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
I can't decide between 24" and 27" but 27" seems to be the sweet spot for 1440p.
Isn't it too big for gaming, maybe I'm saying that because I was using laptop for years now.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
That would be amazing for single player games, but I have enough neck pain already 😆

Well… I play 1080p on a 42" TV!

It truly is in the eye of the beholder—and of course, my eyes are ancient, so there's that :)
But don't let anyone else tell you what size you should get—monitor is the PC part you interact with the most, so make damn sure it's your own personal choice.
I used to play with my PS3 on a 55" TV and it was great. I agree, it's a personal preference when it comes to the monitor size, I just thought maybe a 27 is more suitable for 1440p than a 24.

I am still looking for a good one in my budget range.
Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS