Question Buying a new Gaming Pc

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
What scares me is the little details that I don't know about like the one you mentioned about he PSU, I would love to know about any other tips that can help me.

This build is very tempting the only problem is the price, I won't have much left to get a decent monitor, but if the build is worth it, future proof and you approve it, I will go for it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
I've asked them and while waiting for their response I literally just noticed that this build has watercooling :sweatsmile: , I don't know much about it, but I will be paranoid if my PC had water or liquid near it let alone inside it.

Is it necessary for a build like this to have watercooling, or is air cooling enough?

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
If you can email them and ask the exact model of PSU they are using in that system and tell us the model here, then we can tell you if its OK or not :)

They said it's a Gigabyte GP-P850GM 850W Gold Modular, but they're gonna use a NZXT 650X 80PLUS Gold for this build.

What do you think is the NZXT Enough? And how do I calculate how much wattage do I need for my PC?

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
If its a NZXT C650 Gold then it should be ok, the Gigabyte isnt very good. Cant find any other NZXT models listed at 650W and Gold so I hope that's the one. NZXT650X Gold doesn't show up anything in my searches.

You can calculate using a good PSU calculator like this one.

A 3060Ti custom uses about 270 watts at absolute peak and a 5800X system uses about 160W at peak CPU which leaves plenty of room for other components that don't use nearly as much power.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
If its a NZXT C650 Gold then it should be ok, the Gigabyte isnt very good. Cant find any other NZXT models listed at 650W and Gold so I hope that's the one. NZXT650X Gold doesn't show up anything in my searches.

I think it should be this one https://www.setupgame.ma/produit/alimentation-nzxt-650w-80plus-gold/ can you please confirm?

You can calculate using a good PSU calculator like this one.

Thank you this is very helpful

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Thats the one, its a Seasonic inside with some extra upgrades NZXT asked for. Should be good in that case.
That's good to know thank you.

I didn't know that the same GPU could have alot of variants, I just noticed that there is an Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and even more. Is it something to take into consideration or doesn't is matter that much?

Generally no, they are all RTX3060Ti's and wont perform significantly differently.

The difference these days is mostly the cooler and heatsink, some are quieter, some cool slightly better. Very occasionally theres a bad one but I'm not aware of any 3060Ti models that are so bad you should avoid them, when that happens theres normally news or buzz about it.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Generally no, they are all RTX3060Ti's and wont perform significantly differently.

If that's the case then I shouldn't worry about it.

Does the same thing apply to the motherboard? And what do you think of this B550M is it a good motherboard to pair with that CPU and GPU or are there better options around the same price?

Sorry I'm asking too much questions 😅

If I was building the system myself and able to select from lots of different parts I would pick things differently. Its the price you pay for getting a prebuilt

M probably means its a smaller Micro ATX motherboard with the second tier B550 chipset. I have a B550 motherboard in my own gaming system that I picked out, nothing wrong with that per say. As its smaller its very likely a very basic and cheap model.

It will have less USB ports, fan control ports and lower quality on board sound than more expensive models that kind of thing. Also less power phases for the CPU, which would matter more if you were getting a 5900 or 5950X. As long as there's enough air moving over the board to keep it cool and you dont overclock, it will be ok.

Ask as many questions as you want, I'll answer if I can :)

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
M probably means its a smaller Micro ATX motherboard with the second tier B550 chipset. I have a B550 motherboard in my own gaming system that I picked out, nothing wrong with that per say. As its smaller its very likely a very basic and cheap model.

If I'm not gonna worry about changing it in the next couple of years and it's not gonna hold the system back then I am fine with it.
They said that I can change the components if I want to, do you think there are some componenets that should be changed taking my budget into consideration?

Ask as many questions as you want, I'll answer if I can :)

Thank you so much 😃 I learned alot just from your answers, I very much appreciate it

Ask for options on changing the CPU cooler. As it stands it has a 120mm radiator water cooler, which actually dont cool any better than medium sized air cooling. The main difference being that the water cooler will wear out in a few years and need replacing, where an air cooler wouldnt wear out at all.

Other than that you'd want to have 2 fans at the front taking air in and at least one exhaust at the back.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Ask for options on changing the CPU cooler. As it stands it has a 120mm radiator water cooler, which actually dont cool any better than medium sized air cooling. The main difference being that the water cooler will wear out in a few years and need replacing, where an air cooler wouldnt wear out at all.

Other than that you'd want to have 2 fans at the front taking air in and at least one exhaust at the back.

As I said before I will be paranoid if I had water near my PC let alone inside of it, I will always go for an air cooler, do you have any CPU air cooler to recommend? And fans too.

Thanks!

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Thanks I'll keep that in mind, and I will go for two intake fans and one exhaust fan as you said.

Are there any SSD or RAM models to avoid, or any good ones to recommend? They didn't specify which one they're using.

RAM brand doesnt really matter that much, they should know to put in stuff that works. Would be nice if it was 3600 speed for Ryzen, but its not the end of the world at 3200.

For the SSD you'll want an NVME drive, it will be quite a bit faster than an older SATA model. Real world its not huge but its faster for sure. PCI-E4.0 would be nice but they are still a bit expensive I think. I have a PCI-E 3.0 model and its plenty fast enough.

These would be decent cheaper options if you want to bug them about it. Avoid the Kingston NV2 if you can. The Crucial P3 also OK.

People like Samsungs and they are good, but you pay a tax for the name.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
These would be decent cheaper options if you want to bug them about it. Avoid the Kingston NV2 if you can. The Crucial P3 also OK.

I will go for one of these two, thanks for the little details they're always welcome.

I want to go back to the motherboard if you don't mind, is it a good choice for this build? I feel like it's one of the components that stay in your system for a long time before changing it.

It's the components that I know the least about, so I'm sorry if I'm saying nonsense :sweatsmile:

I will go for one of these two, thanks for the little details they're always welcome.

I want to go back to the motherboard if you don't mind, is it a good choice for this build? I feel like it's one of the components that stay in your system for a long time before changing it.

It's the components that I know the least about, so I'm sorry if I'm saying nonsense :sweatsmile:
You arent, and if we are choosing parts from the ground up I'd pick a better motherboard for sure.

This is the baseline board I would choose for B550 builds. Lacks a few features but its solid. I havent really looked at M boards that much, so if you want something thats less, let me know and I'll scan those a bit more too.

This board comes with better sound and connectivity and isn't too expensive.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
You arent, and if we are choosing parts from the ground up I'd pick a better motherboard for sure.

This is the baseline board I would choose for B550 builds. Lacks a few features but its solid. I havent really looked at M boards that much, so if you want something thats less, let me know and I'll scan those a bit more too.

This board comes with better sound and connectivity and isn't too expensive.

Thank you!

I would like to get something cheaper, but if the MSI B550 A PRO is as you said the baseline I'll go for it.

Ryzen 7 5800X is really tempting but if I want to save money and get a decent monitor maybe I should go for the Ryzen 5 5600 as @Why_Me suggested?
Am I gonna be limited in the futur if I get the Ryzen 5 or should I go for the Ryzen 7? Is the difference that big?

Last edited:
The second system you offered was a really good deal compared to the first mainly because of the GPU upgrade, and secondly the 32GB of RAM. The CPU was a bonus but not necessary for general gaming, especially if it allows you to get a better monitor. That's the thing youll be looking at the whole time anyway.

16GB of RAM is fine for the next few years at least, it might start making a small difference in performance sometime, but its not very hard to upgrade in the future and I'm pretty sure it wont stop you playing anything for quite some time yet.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
The second system you offered was a really good deal compared to the first mainly because of the GPU upgrade, and secondly the 32GB of RAM. The CPU was a bonus but not necessary for general gaming, especially if it allows you to get a better monitor. That's the thing youll be looking at the whole time anyway.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mention the two builds I was comparing :
https://www.setupgame.ma/produit/pc-gamer-ryzen-5-5600x-rtx-3060ti-maroc/
https://www.setupgame.ma/produit/pc-gamer-ryzen-7-5800x-rtx-3060ti-maroc/
Sorry my mistake.

I asked them what brands they're using for some parts, and they will answer me in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
If you put those two systems next to each other and did a blind test, you almost certainly couldnt tell the difference.
Well that I didn't know haha, so I was gonna pay more for the same performance...

In that case I choose the Ryzen 5 5800X

They said this is what they use in that build
RAM T-FORCE
Motherboard ASUS B550-A
SSD PNY