Question Buying a new Gaming Pc

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hello,

In my previous thread I was looking for a good gaming laptop, but now I've decided to get a gaming pc.
I would loke to get some help in finding a good gaming pc that can run current games in medium to hight settings with a budget around 900$ ~ 1100$, in my journey to find a gaming pc I've learned a little bit about pc components, but I will appreciate if you can enlighten me more about this subjet, I am new to this so I would love to learn more about it.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hi and welcome :) A few questions would help clarify what you need better.

What country are you in ?

Does that budget need to include a monitor, keyboard and mouse? If you have a monitor already what is the screens resolution?

Are you willing to build a PC from components or do you want a pre build? You may get more for your money by building yourself and its not that hard if youre willing to do a little research. But a pre build would obviously be ready to go if youre werent confident to build.

If you can answer those questions we can give more specific help.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi and welcome :) A few questions would help clarify what you need better.

What country are you in ?

Does that budget need to include a monitor, keyboard and mouse? If you have a monitor already what is the screens resolution?

Are you willing to build a PC from components or do you want a pre build? You may get more for your money by building yourself and its not that hard if youre willing to do a little research. But a pre build would obviously be ready to go if youre werent confident to build.

If you can answer those questions we can give more specific help.

Hey, 😀

I am from Morocco and as I mentioned in my previou thread the prices are eidiculous here, for example if in Eu or Us a PC is 800$ the same pc will cost ~1300$ here.

For now I am focusing on finding the right PC first an then I'll look for a keybord mouse monitor, I don't know much about these either.

I would love to experience building my own PC, building a machine and booting it for the first time must be special, but as a beginner who has limited knowledge about gaming PCs I will go for the safe option which is getting a pre build.

Thank you 😁

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
I'm afraid I dont know much about PC shops in Morocco, are there any places that you'd like to buy from? I could scan them for you and see if I can find the best options, unless someone else gets there before me :)

I think it doesn't matter that you don't know about the market here the only difference is the ridiculous prices , you can find most of the components you'll need to build a gaming PC, I'll try to look for PCs that I think are good to show them to you but you're welcome to give me some suggestions, that will help me alot to understant more

Reactions: Brian Boru
I didn't understand much from this article, I still don't understand alot of these technical terms.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Frames Per Second at 1080P resolution.

aTY4znT6Pbyk5xpwVLXGjD-970-80.png

Reactions: Orokusaki
@Why_Me has suggested the common best performing main parts around that budget. Ryzen 5600 for a CPU and an AMD RX 6600 GPU would normally be good for 1080p gaming.

Rough Intel performance equivalents would be a I5 12400f CPU and an RTX 3050/3060 GPU. Whether one is better than the other depends, entirely on how much it costs for the performance it gives. There is no difference for gaming apart from the raw frames per second the CPU can provide.

For graphics cards, technologies like RayTracing dont mean anything at this tier of price, as RT is very demanding and these mid range cards cant do it well/fast enough to bother with. So again raw frames per second (FPS) on average in games is the best metric to judge cards against others.

It would be best if you were to post a link to a site you wanted to buy from, if you arent interested in doing any research yourself at all.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
@Why_Me has suggested the common best performing main parts around that budget. Ryzen 5600 for a CPU and an AMD RX 6600 GPU would normally be good for 1080p gaming.

Rough Intel performance equivalents would be a I5 12400f CPU and an RTX 3050/3060 GPU. Whether one is better than the other depends, entirely on how much it costs for the performance it gives. There is no difference for gaming apart from the raw frames per second the CPU can provide.

For graphics cards, technologies like RayTracing dont mean anything at this tier of price, as RT is very demanding and these mid range cards cant do it well/fast enough to bother with. So again raw frames per second (FPS) on average in games is the best metric to judge cards against others.

This is the kind of answer I was looking for, thanks a lot, it seems like i5 12400f or Ryzen 5600 are my best options, so if I am going for a build around for example Ryzen 5600 with RTX 3050, I shouldn't really care about Raytracing?

It would be best if you were to post a link to a site you wanted to buy from, if you arent interested in doing any research yourself at all.

There are a lot of websites so I will link three of them, the website is in french, but I think it doesn't matter since the name of the components stay the same.

https://www.setupgame.ma/
https://www.ultrapc.ma/
https://pcgamercasa.ma/

Thank you :D

Not that many games have RT, maybe the RTX 3060 would run acceptably in ones using RT. Its very subjective though.

From the pre built systems on those sites, I think this one fits your budget and is best. It has decent supporting components as well, such as a good power supply thats often the first thing places cheap out on, but is very important. The storage is a bit small, but you can add more in later.

Some there that are a bit cheaper lack enough space on the SSD for games, but would work OK otherwise if your budget is strict. Let me know if you need another recommendation, or someone else might chime in yet as well :)

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey thanks! 😃

This build is in my budget range, and yeah more recommendations are welcome, it's always good to have alot of options to choose from.

Do you think it's better to go for a build with a 3060ti juste to make it a little bit future proof?

Oh and if there is a build that need just a little change let me know, I am not sure but I think I can ask them to change some componenets.

I am always open for more recommendations!
Thanks 😁

The main change I would make to that system would be to use 1TB NVME SSD for storage instead of the SSD/HDD combo. You can always add in a hard drive later for mass storage if needed or another SSD. 1TB is a good start though.

If you have the money for a 3060Ti then its better of course, Nothing else would need to change to accomodate it in that rig unless the case is too small, which I doubt.

TRENDING THREADS