Question Buying a new Gaming Pc

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
That one doesnt sound very good.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9piyGNJz2M

If you have to drop down to 1080p for your budget its not the end of the world. Check out anything you like the look or price of by Googling the model number and review. PC Gamer, Toms hardware, RTings, Display Ninja, Hardware Unboxed (Youtube) are good places to read up.

I'd rather get a high quality 1080p monitor than a substandard 1440p one. There are good options available for 1440 at the lower end but if there arent any in your country/price range then consider dropping teh resolution.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey @Kaamos_Llama it has been a while :D

If that's the case then asking them to change some parts with better ones will bring the price even higher, so it will be between the i5 12400f and the R5 5600x,
Are they similar in perfomrance? if if that is the case then I'll go for the cheaper build

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi again :) Thought you were finished up and enjoying the new PC.

Not even close :ROFLMAO:

Theyre basically the same performance, but I'd prefer the AMD B550 motherboard over the Intel H610 one out of those two.

Alright then it will be the AMD build.

I did some reseach about all the components and found out that the Gigabyte PSU can explode in some cases, so I was thinking of replacing it with a NZXT 650W 80PLUS GOLD

As for the motherboard I will need WiFi for the first couple months so maybe replacing it with a MSI pro b550m VDH Wifi ?

And the case is basic as you mentioned so maybe MSI MAG FORGE 100R instead

For the SSD and RAM I don't know which brand to go for.

What do you think about this rookie analysis? :D

Not even close :ROFLMAO:

Alright then it will be the AMD build.

I did some reseach about all the components and found out that the Gigabyte PSU can explode in some cases, so I was thinking of replacing it with a NZXT 650W 80PLUS GOLD

As for the motherboard I will need WiFi for the first couple months so maybe replacing it with a MSI pro b550m VDH Wifi ?

And the case is basic as you mentioned so maybe MSI MAG FORGE 100R instead

For the SSD and RAM I don't know which brand to go for.

What do you think about this rookie analysis? :D

The old revision of that Gigabyte PSU was the exploding one, they revised the design so now its just average rather than explosive.

Still the NZXT would be better.

You could just grab a cheap wifi 6 add in card thats Gigabyte mobo is probably better than that particluar MSI you listed. Doesnt matter that much though.

RAM brand is meaningless as long as its stable with the motherboard, 3200 or 3600 and you're good. NVME, depends a lot on the model rather than brand as well, 1TB minimum if it's in the budget.

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
The old revision of that Gigabyte PSU was the exploding one, they revised the design so now its just average rather than explosive.

Still the NZXT would be better.

You could just grab a cheap wifi 6 add in card thats Gigabyte mobo is probably better than that particluar MSI you listed. Doesnt matter that much though.

RAM brand is meaningless as long as its stable with the motherboard, 3200 or 3600 and you're good. NVME, depends a lot on the model rather than brand as well, 1TB minimum if it's in the budget.

Okay noted!

So I'll be only changing the PSU, SSD and maybe the RAM, oh what about the MSI MAG FORGE 100R case, it should be better than the other one and it has almost the same price

Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
I just noticed that the GPU used in this build is a OCPC 3060ti, I've never heard of this brand before, is it fine to keep it or should I consider changing it?

I just noticed that the GPU used in this build is a OCPC 3060ti, I've never heard of this brand before, is it fine to keep it or should I consider changing it?
Thats a good catch. Sorry didnt notice that one. I've never heard of them either but it looks like they are something to do with another company Visiontek who have been around for years.

I cant find any good reviews of that GPU from any reputable sites. The differences between different brands offerings based on the same GPU chip is non existent performance wise. Where they do differ is in how loud they are and how well they cool the card, so how durable they are.

Personally I'd be happier with a model I could find a good review from. Part of the problem with buying pre builds is that they will save the money where they can.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Aug 21, 2022
Visit site
I cant find any good reviews of that GPU from any reputable sites. The differences between different brands offerings based on the same GPU chip is non existent performance wise. Where they do differ is in how loud they are and how well they cool the card, so how durable they are.

Personally I'd be happier with a model I could find a good review from. Part of the problem with buying pre builds is that they will save the money where they can.

Exaclty there is no reviews of that GPU I will not take to risk.

Maybe something like a Zotac? it's one of the "cheapest" I think.

TRENDING THREADS