Question Buy a new PC?

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Some advice please, I’m looking to replace my 9 year old old Dell XPS desktop. Looking for a high end machine for both work and also PC gaming (want a capable system to play AAA at best settings). Given the imminent launch of the Ryzen Gen 4 processors and also the next gen GPUs (Big Navi & Nvdia 3000 series). Is it worth waiting another couple of months for what might be true next gen, or is the leap forward while better than what is currently available, is not as noticeable a jump (I know the products are not out yet, and based on a lot of speculation and rumours). Thoughts welcome

If you would benefit from a 32:9 monitor like the Samsung one for non-gaming uses that's one thing, but be aware that not all games entirely support ultrawide (21:9) and some that do support 21:9 don't support 32:9. It's not necessarily the ideal choice for pure gaming.

At this kind of budget range I'd definitely recommend waiting for the new kit. New GPUs from both Nvidia and AMD, and new CPUs from AMD, all expected before the end of the year. Thew new GPUs could well be a big leap in performance, and will hopefully have more mature, or at least more powerful, raytracing hardware.

Reactions: Ash Habib
Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
If you would benefit from a 32:9 monitor like the Samsung one for non-gaming uses that's one thing, but be aware that not all games entirely support ultrawide (21:9) and some that do support 21:9 don't support 32:9. It's not necessarily the ideal choice for pure gaming.

At this kind of budget range I'd definitely recommend waiting for the new kit. New GPUs from both Nvidia and AMD, and new CPUs from AMD, all expected before the end of the year. Thew new GPUs could well be a big leap in performance, and will hopefully have more mature, or at least more powerful, raytracing hardware.
Thank you, that was helpful

TRENDING THREADS