Building my first all out gaming rig in years, What game would you pick (FPS, Adventure mainly)

May 3, 2020
Visit site
So after years of just console I'm just waiting for a few more parts to build my first home/gaming rig (specs below). I got a lot of help from new friends here on the forum too. So I did the best I could stretch to make this. What game would be the first you would pick for this system to start with a bang (a good one that is). I'm mainly into FPS, action adventure, love fallout and waiting for cyberpunk.. I'm not much of a sports player. Would love some input. I'll also be doing music production and some cad. Can't wait until last part comes in to build it.

System:
Ryzen 9-3900
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2
Asus TUF X570 wifi motherboard
1tb WD Black mve ssd
Crucial 2TB MX500 2.5" Internal SATA SSD
Geforce RTX gaming trio 2080ti
32 gb 3600 ram
NZXT 510 case
LG UltraGear 34GN850-B 34" 21:9 Curved 160 Hz Adaptive-Sync HDR IPS Gaming Monitor

Zloth

Community Contributor
NetHack, Dwarf Fortress, or some other ASCII-based game. Those parts can get pretty full of themselves if you give them a chance. Show them who's boss! Show them you can have fun without them just fine! Make sure they understand that you'll be allowing them to strut their stuff in the future, merely at YOUR OWN WHIM!!
<crazed grin>

(Otherwise, I don't know. A recent PC Gamer article said the latest Deus Ex game can really bring systems to their knees. Ray tracing should give it a workout, so maybe the latest Tomb Raider?)

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. I started off a long time ago on text based games like orc 😉😉😉😉. Our brains produce some pretty cool graphics. Didn't even know Deus Ex was still around off of mobile. Thanks for suggestion.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
I'd suggest Tomb Raider too. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the latest one, does have RTX. If you just want to start the series, Tomb Raider (2013) is great too. Graphics aren't even that bad nowadays (in my memory at lesast) but it won't blow you system apart :p

Zloth

Community Contributor
Some day, when VR gets more popular, the Tomb Raider games are going to suddenly get very popular again. Weak stories or not, those rope bridges are REALLY high and those little crawl spaces are REALLY cramped! I got a sense of it with 3D Vision but VR is going to really be intense!

May 3, 2020
Visit site
I've been trying to give VR a chance for years 😊. Haven't tried much lately others than psvr which is mediocre at best on my PS4. Would be great to see a true hi res headset that was reasonable and supported. I'm curious what the new half life is like. No more $$ for headset for now 🙁

TRENDING THREADS