Question Black screens and loud fans

Apr 23, 2024
Visit site
Heey guys, I recently build my first ever gaming pc and im having some issues with it.

The first week it was absolutely fine and nothing was wrong but ever since then it has started glitching. At random intervalls both of my screens go black and the fans start spinning loudly. Nothing else seems to be fixing that outside of a hard restart.
I have tried a miriade of things over the last few weeks which i will try my best to list all below but im kinda clueless by now. I saved up for a long time for this build and i really hope I can fix this somehow.

Things i tried:
Reseating GPU
Reseating PSU
Reseating RAM
Recabeling everything
Updating, removing and reinstalling all graphic drivers
Updating all other drivers
Reinstall and update BIOS
Stresstesting both GPU and CPU (nothing happend during the stress test)
Checked temps on both GPU and CPU but they seem fine

This is the crash report it gives:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

event ID: 41

This is my build:
CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor
Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX XT 65.57 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Mobo: MSI Z790 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: MSI GAMING X SLIM GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair iCUE 5000D RGB AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 TT Premium 850 W 80+Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 23, 2024
Visit site
What, if anything, are you overclocking (CPU, GPU, memory)?
I havent looked into overclocking yet so i havent purposfully overclocked anything (i wanted to be sure it worked first) If i remember correctly the memory is running at the same speed as on the package thats the only thing i changed but it didnt give any problems as far as i could see. I would have to double check the system settings when i get home

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I havent looked into overclocking yet so i havent purposfully overclocked anything (i wanted to be sure it worked first) If i remember correctly the memory is running at the same speed as on the package thats the only thing i changed but it didnt give any problems as far as i could see. I would have to double check the system settings when i get home
Change the memory back to the default BIOS setting (likely less than the rated speed) to see if that makes any difference. Intent is to get a stable baseline before making changes.

You mentioned updating the BIOS. Are you running the most current version?

Apr 23, 2024
Visit site
Change the memory back to the default BIOS setting (likely less than the rated speed) to see if that makes any difference. Intent is to get a stable baseline before making changes.

You mentioned updating the BIOS. Are you running the most current version?
I will try that when i get home later, I am running the latest version yeah, updated it 2 days ago. I can check but i highly doubt they released another one after that since that one was already recent

Apr 23, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

How reliable is your electricity supply? Rock solid—okay—dirty?

Do you have either a UPS [recommended for such a valuable system] or a surge protector between PC and wall?
Never had an issue with outlet or extension cable before, my elektricity suply has been rock solid asfar as im aware. Im using a extension cable with a surge protector. Im starting to think that my issue is in my PSU since it doesnt matter what im doing, it crashes regardless

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts