black screen, problem with my graphics card

Oct 21, 2023
Visit site
Hello, 3 days ago I turned on my PC and just after the Lenovo logo appeared the screen turned off, so I watched videos on the internet to find out more and I did the manipulation following: crtl+shift+win+ b, this manipulation worked. However the next day same problem, and the manipulation from the day before no longer worked. So I went to ldlc, a repairman put my PC in safe mode and cleaned all the drivers for my graphics card then reinstalled some but the black screen appeared again. He concluded that the graphics card was dead. But now I turned on the PC using safe mode, deleted the drivers then when listening again I wanted to test its new capabilities and I launched games and everything went well, in the task manager the graphics card worked normally at first glance. I would like to reinstall drivers but I'm afraid it will crash again. Do you have any idea of the cause of this problem and possible solutions?

Which Lenovo laptop is it? model code number might help, they number their models based on screen size so it can be hard to find exact one.

As its a laptop, you can't replace GPU without getting an entire new motherboard (in most cases), so we shall see if its just the drivers or not.

Also, in some laptops the only graphics card is part of the CPU itself.

So since the CPU doesn't have igpu, it has to be the Nvidia card. https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...r-8m-cache-up-to-4-10-ghz/specifications.html I am still adjusting to intel CPU not having igpu... especially so in laptops.

its strange windows hasn't tried to install drivers for the card. Have you run windows update to see if it finds older Nvidia drivers, as I know it has some. It would be an interesting experiment.

I don't think its the card as if it was, the normal reaction from drivers is to not see the card at all. But they install with no complaints.

Oct 21, 2023
Visit site
when i cleaned all the drivers i use DDU and i checked : "prevent Install of drivers from windows". At the moment i have the same driver when i buy my pc. When i go to peripheral manager and microsoft update it doesn't offer me an new driver .
thank for your help do you have others ideas ? tomorow i will call lenovo

[Mod edit: replaced "pilot" with "driver" :D]

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts