Billy Idol's 1993 album/floppy disc: Cyberpunk

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site
Hello I'm new here,

I haven't seen much news on this but I think this is very important. I don't want to tell PCG staff how to do their job but I reckon the 1993 album, Cyberpunk by Billy Idol is worth a bit of a dive.

For instance, here is a promo of Timothy Leary interviewing Idol about Cyberpunk

Also here is the video for lead single, Shock To The System which of course shows Billy growing some pretty sweet cyberware through claymation after getting beaten up for filming the cops.

Finally here is a violently 1993 news story on the album with Billy supposedly hacking into the node on a computer and kind of getting a few things right about the future of music and technology just before ending his own future with music with this album.

Anywho, enjoy.

Reactions: mik73
Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Dude, I absolutely love this album. It's been my personal 'Cyberpunk' theme since it was released all those years ago. It's been the soundtrack to my own personal Cyberpunk movie/story for a long time. Totally legit, he didn't know what he tapped into here. But I see threads and currents of this music running through lots of games & movies. I think it was more influential then pop culture, or even Billy Idol himself, realizes. So much good stuff to be found in this record if you let your mind wander.... Playing Cyberpunk 2077 to this album right now.....

TRENDING THREADS