Deals Best time to buy PCs

November is probably the best month for buying most things, with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Singles Day. But if that doesn't suit, when's the best time?

July, August, September

Two articles by credible authors Christopher Elliott and Whitson Gordon zero in on Q3 as the best time to buy PCs in USA. There should be similar articles available for your country, please post below if you know of any.

Q3 is July, August, September. Christopher also includes 2 months each from Q2 & Q4, but they agree that you should avoid December to March if possible.

Whitson says: "Intel and AMD start ramping up for new stuff in July, and back-to-school sales get pretty good around this time too."

Note that this was compiled before the era of pandemic supply chain problems and scalpers, so may be less valid at the moment due to those market distortions.

Price History Trackers

If you're 'out of season', use PHTs to see how the price you can get now compares. There are many I'm sure, the ones I use most often are:
CamelCamelCamel;
Edge browser;
Honey.

Reactions: Why_Me
Apr 19, 2022
Visit site
I'm so confused, I want to build a new computer, the 30-series graphics cards have finally dropped in price,but 40 series graphics cards are also coming soon:LOL:

also coming soon
Welcome to the forum :)

There will always be new stuff on the horizon where PC parts are concerned. So if you need a machine now, go for it.

I don't 'need' one now—hoping my 2017 holds out another year or so—so I'm waiting for GPU supplies to return to last decade levels, and also hopefully for DDR5 memory to become practical.

Who remembers the GODs when there were sales on graphics cards? I don't think I've ever bought one at over 70% of MSRP. Here's to the return of those Good Old Days!

Reactions: Why_Me
I'm so confused, I want to build a new computer, the 30-series graphics cards have finally dropped in price,but 40 series graphics cards are also coming soon:LOL:

there is always something better coming, just have to jump in when you can.

I bought in August but it wasn't due to knowing if it was a good month, just when I could afford it...a few more months later I wouldn't have been able to get some parts but that was 2 years ago.

May 16, 2022
Visit site
November is probably the best month for buying most things, with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Singles Day. But if that doesn't suit, when's the best time?

July, August, September

Two articles by credible authors Christopher Elliott and Whitson Gordon zero in on Q3 as the best time to buy PCs in USA. There should be similar articles available for your country, please post below if you know of any.

Q3 is July, August, September. Christopher also includes 2 months each from Q2 & Q4, but they agree that you should avoid December to March if possible.

Whitson says: "Intel and AMD start ramping up for new stuff in July, and back-to-school sales get pretty good around this time too."

Note that this was compiled before the era of pandemic supply chain problems and scalpers, so may be less valid at the moment due to those market distortions.

Price History Trackers

If you're 'out of season', use PHTs to see how the price you can get now compares. There are many I'm sure, the ones I use most often are:
CamelCamelCamel;
Edge browser;
Honey.
The best time to buy a gaming PC is when you have more money.