Best selling strategy?

Mar 27, 2024
Visit site
Best sales strategy advice requested. Should I upgrade and sell as a complete Gaming PC or sell components individually?

PC is an Avatar desktop with:
1) AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core, Vishera 32NM Tech CPU
2) 32GB DDR 3 666Mhz RAM
3) Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Socket M2 Motherboard
4) 500GB SSD
5) 650 watt power supply
6) dual fan CPU cooler
7) NVIDIA GeForce 710 GPU

I'm guessing the components listed above are worth about $100 to $200 sold separately. Do you agree? If not what is your estimate?

Alternate sales strategy:
1) upgrade GPU
2) upgrade case with fans, lights
3) upgrade to water cooled
Then sell as a complete gamer pc with reasonable features/specs

What do you think of this strategy? How much to invest? Which components? What would reasonable sales price be after upgrades?

Any questions to clarify the situation?

Thank you very much in advance for your response!

Best sales strategy advice requested. Should I upgrade and sell as a complete Gaming PC or sell components individually?

PC is an Avatar desktop with:
1) AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core, Vishera 32NM Tech CPU
2) 32GB DDR 3 666Mhz RAM
3) Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Socket M2 Motherboard
4) 500GB SSD
5) 650 watt power supply
6) dual fan CPU cooler
7) NVIDIA GeForce 710 GPU

I'm guessing the components listed above are worth about $100 to $200 sold separately. Do you agree? If not what is your estimate?

Alternate sales strategy:
1) upgrade GPU
2) upgrade case with fans, lights
3) upgrade to water cooled
Then sell as a complete gamer pc with reasonable features/specs

What do you think of this strategy? How much to invest? Which components? What would reasonable sales price be after upgrades?

Any questions to clarify the situation?

Thank you very much in advance for your response!
I don't know what you should do, but I know what you shouldn't do. Don't upgrade it to try to get a better price. Even with an upgraded GPU, you still have a 12 year old CPU. How old is the power supply? How old is the SSD? They don't last all that long.

Maybe see what other people are selling the components for and make a decision. You could always put it up for sale as a whole system with the price you want to get and see what happens. You don't have to accept lowball offers.

But maybe someone with more experience selling their old systems will chime in. I always just give mine away.

TRENDING THREADS