Best school and gaming laptop

Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
I’ve just started college and I’m looking at getting a laptop. Even thought it will be used for school most of the time when I get bored or have free time I would like to be able to play some games on it. But at the same time I don’t want to carry a huge laptop around all day. $1000 Is my maximum I want to spend.
Thanks.

Probably something like this:

It's the best spec I could see for the money. The spec seems to be balanced and powerful. Since you can't upgrade a laptop's CPU and GPU as you might a desktop, getting something reasonably beefy to begin with should hopefully keep the system relevant to you for longer before you need to replace it.

For a rough indication of gaming performance, have a look at:
(scroll down a little to get to the gaming benchmarks)

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
I’ve just started college and I’m looking at getting a laptop. Even thought it will be used for school most of the time when I get bored or have free time I would like to be able to play some games on it. But at the same time I don’t want to carry a huge laptop around all day. $1000 Is my maximum I want to spend.
Thanks.
It depends on how intensive your college work is, need some info on that. For Example: If you are an engineer and need it for Machine Learning, then I'd advise you go for Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 and above for optimal performance. I had to train neural networks on GTX 1050 (not Ti) and it did the work but the load was too much and I had to keep the laptop running for 36 hours to fully train it. So i'd recommend better than 1050Ti. As for gaming , 1660 would be a safe bet as well.

TRENDING THREADS