Best PC for £2k?

Mar 6, 2023
Visit site
I'm completely new to PC gaming and really want to get into it moving across from Playstation and XBox and build the ultimate set up for my means.

My budget for the PC excluding the monitor, speakers/keyboard etc is around £2k give or take. Preferably Intel/Windows.

The games I love to play are RPG open world and single player action/adventure. Skyrim, Witcher, Uncharted, Diablo, GOW etc. Not fussed on sports or shooters.

Won't be portable, strictly desktop and would like to upgrade parts over the years once my knowledge expands on everything.

My problem is that I'm so overwhelmed on choice, I have no idea which brands or companies to go with! Any advice on models to look into? UK based. Cheers!

I was looking for something similar and this is the one I preferred out of what I've seen (but it's not Intel):

View: https://imgur.com/a/SYoQOLl

I haven't looked at reviews and the last time I was really knowledgeable on hardware was when I bought my current PC about 4 years ago. Also, I am going on friends word of mouth on which websites are good to buy from.

Maybe wait for someone more techie to reply but this could be an option.

Hi, and welcome.

Another option to look at, they use decent quality components for custom builds.

Scan makes prebuilts. I would prefer one custom built from off the shelf components over an MSI/HP/Asus style one that are harder to upgrade in the future due to possible proprietary part sizes and poor cooling. Once youre comfortable switching out parts with a few upgrades you can always move towards building custom in the future as it does have advantages. :)

Grab a good quality 1440p 144hz+ monitor with it

Just a teaser to give an idea what building for yourself could get you if you spent a little time watching some videos and doing a little research to build it.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13400F 2.5 GHz 10-Core Processor (£203.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler (£35.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS WIFI D4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (£188.27 @ Box Limited)
Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£75.97 @ MoreCoCo)
Storage: PNY XLR8 CS3040 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (£143.42 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card (£799.00 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case (£82.45 @ Box Limited)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£159.94 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit (£113.98 @ Currys PC World Business)
Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ1A 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz Monitor (£268.99 @ Currys PC World Business)
Total: £2071.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-06 15:31 GMT+0000

Better motherboard, double the storage space, double the RAM, bigger power supply and higher quality case to put it all in for not much more in total with the monitor. Its a little intimidating to build but worth the effort, and like riding a bike once you know how to do it, you'll be able to do it in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Theres a good argument that a new AMD build might have more value going forward. You will likely be able to upgrade the CPU on those boards with a BIOS update for a generation or two, as thats been their style in the past. No guarantees though, and as of right now the I5 13400F is a bit better value as far as price/performance goes.

TRENDING THREADS