Question Best Pc build for 800$

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and a new builder.
I'm here to ask you for advice on a build I'd like to do for around $800.
My idea would be to make a desktop PC (since my old laptop has left me) quite basic but futureproof, without a graphics card that I will add in the future. So I would need a processor with integrated graphics card. For now I don't need to play it but in the future I will get one of the best performing graphics cards in order to move on to PC gaming. So nothing, I'm in your hands. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers! 😁

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Thanks so much for the replies.
So, I live in Italy so my currency is the euro. I don't have any problems buying things online at all.
I have a 4k monitor that I would like to use, so the only request is to have a qhd resolution. I already have a fairly basic keyboard, mouse and speaker and will upgrade later. In short, I only and exclusively need the tower. Thanks again for the answers!

Reactions: Brian Boru
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor (€132.68 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€102.60 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€48.80 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€64.50 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: ASRock Challenger D OC Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card (€273.97 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case (€94.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€82.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €800.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-29 16:26 CET+0100

No need to use integrated graphics. An AMD 5600 should last a good few years. On partpicker it gives a warning that the motherboard is compatible with the CPU only with later BIOS versions. This wont be a problem as the motherboard has USB BIOS flashback without the CPU present, and its most likely up to date from the factory at this point anyway.

If you can stretch to an RTX 4060 it would be a bit better, and you can add more storage later on as needed. 1TB should be manageable for a while.

There might be others with build ideas, but this would work very well and play all modern games at 1080p with medium to high settings. 4K is a little out of reach at this budget for newer titles.

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor (€132.68 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€102.60 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€48.80 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€64.50 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: ASRock Challenger D OC Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card (€273.97 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case (€94.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€82.99 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €800.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-29 16:26 CET+0100

No need to use integrated graphics. An AMD 5600 should last a good few years. On partpicker it gives a warning that the motherboard is compatible with the CPU only with later BIOS versions. This wont be a problem as the motherboard has USB BIOS flashback without the CPU present, and its most likely up to date from the factory at this point anyway.

If you can stretch to an RTX 4060 it would be a bit better, and you can add more storage later on as needed. 1TB should be manageable for a while.

There might be others with build ideas, but this would work very well and play all modern games at 1080p with medium to high settings. 4K is a little out of reach at this budget for newer titles.
Thanks so much for the build, you were really kind.
The only thing is that I would prefer to push more on the processor and then insert a video card that is up to date in 1 or 2 years. Now I don't need it as a gaming base since I have the PS5. If it's not too much of a problem, I would ask you for help with a build without a graphics card (but with a processor with an integrated one) and maybe even for 700 euros. If you don't have the time or desire, there's no problem, you've already been too helpful!

No worries. I wouldnt normally recommend what youre doing but if it suits what you want to do something like this would work.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor (€230.71 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M GAMING X AX Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard (€183.22 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory (€129.37 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (3 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case (€85.02 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€133.75 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €826.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-30 16:59 CET+0100

I went AMD because there's a good chance you'll be able to drop in a new CPU in the future vs Intel which tends to change CPU sockets every other generation. No guarantees but thats what happened with Ryzen from first generation until the 5000 series. The included cooler will do fine, but you can easily upgrade it to something in the future if required.

The cheapest good quality 850 W PSU available so theres enough juice for a high end GPU when you decide to get one, and 32GB of RAM because its going to become a requirement for gaming in a few years. You'll want to add more storage at some point when you start gaming on it, but I had to cut back a bit here and there to get it close to 800.

Again, someone else might have other suggestions but this will be a good rig.

• Love
Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
No worries. I wouldnt normally recommend what youre doing but if it suits what you want to do something like this would work.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor (€230.71 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M GAMING X AX Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard (€183.22 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory (€129.37 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G300A (3 Fan) ATX Mid Tower Case (€85.02 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850e (2023) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€133.75 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €826.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-10-30 16:59 CET+0100

I went AMD because there's a good chance you'll be able to drop in a new CPU in the future vs Intel which tends to change CPU sockets every other generation. No guarantees but thats what happened with Ryzen from first generation until the 5000 series. The included cooler will do fine, but you can easily upgrade it to something in the future if required.

The cheapest good quality 850 W PSU available so theres enough juice for a high end GPU when you decide to get one, and 32GB of RAM because its going to become a requirement for gaming in a few years. You'll want to add more storage at some point when you start gaming on it, but I had to cut back a bit here and there to get it close to 800.

Again, someone else might have other suggestions but this will be a good rig.
Thank you so much for all the time you are dedicating to me.
Why don't you recommend such a solution? Isn't it better to prepare all the components for a possible gaming setup, rather than getting a graphics card now (removing part of the budget from other components) that won't be used for gaming at all?

Mainly because in a couple of years there will probably be new CPU's and other components around that are bigger and better for the same money you spend now. But I understand you have a special case where you need a computer for other things immediately so buying a cheap laptop or Chromebook might be a waste of money.

Its all good seems like a coin toss situation to me, you do you. :)

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Mainly because in a couple of years there will probably be new CPU's and other components around that are bigger and better for the same money you spend now. But I understand you have a special case where you need a computer for other things immediately so buying a cheap laptop or Chromebook might be a waste of money.

Its all good seems like a coin toss situation to me, you do you. :)
Ok clear! Thank you so much for your patience, very kind indeed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts