Visit site
Here are the spec limits:
Processor AMD Athlon Phenom x3
Ram: 4gigs (being upgraded to 8 soon)
GPU: AMD Radeon 5770HD 1gig
HD space: NA (more than enough)
Internet: wireless with avg ping <10
Game Cost restraint: Free - <$20

With the above, what games are recommended?

Any suggestions excepting pure text based games unless they are super engaging or hilarious to play. I'd prefer something pushing the graphics but with at least 30 frames or higher.

I have Deus ex human evolution, hl2, dod:s,and cod/bf series for that gen. And the freebies from the Epic game store.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Are you interested in anything or just particular genres?
For FPS there's already thread for that where you may find some worthwile positions:

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Are you interested in anything or just particular genres?
The idea was to get ideas of things I may not have played but would push the limits of my system, but without making it painful to play. Pretty much anything though. Its sort of throw it out there and see if anyone suggests a diamond in the rough I might not have tried otherwise.

Although his laptop wouldn't be able to play some games my system would run as the 5770 isn't horrific, it just won't play a modern game from this generation. At least not til I upgrade the ram. I could maybe play SW BF but not sure well it will play.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Wow - this is a bit like "recommend a movie" without even giving a genre - there's several thousand to pick from! I guess I'll just throw my favorites out there.

Outer Wilds: A really interesting little game where you fly around in a spaceship for 22 minutes then explode. You then start again with your memory intact and can proceed to try and figure out what's happening and how to make it stop happening. (Not to be confused with Outward or Outer Worlds. Good luck with that.)

X3: Terran Conflict: Got time? Lots of time? In this game you're given one small ship and you're tasked with building a space economic and military empire. If you've got the patience, this game will reward you like no other I've played. X4 might be better but this series of games is pretty hard on the CPU so look before you leap on that one.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines: Yeah, that's one title. Old but excellent game where you play as a vampire. It must be modded in order to be really playable. It does a superb job of setting the atmosphere plus it has excellent music.

BattleTech: You might just barely be able to play this one on low settings when you get 8GB. Squad-based tactical game with big robots. Finding parts and setting up weapons on your `mechs is great fun! Or do XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which you should be able to play just fine.

If you want something more zany, Saints Row 3 is excellent. Or get Yakuza 0 if you want a mix of zany and intense.

You could try Endless Space 2 for a dip into the 4X waters. There's a lot of great games in that genre!

Reactions: Synack and Pifanjr
Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. After this post I double checked up on a few of those games.

Also found this if anyone else is interested...

I did own x2 at one point...

I thought I would come back and report how things went.

So over the last several days I tried:
  1. Shadow Warrior Demo (reboot) - Fraps showed frames sub 25. So this is a no go for now; memory might help but I doubt it.
  2. Factorio - Avoid this game if you value your time whatso ever. This is the game everyone during the Pandameic should be playing. I reviewed my game time from the 1st time I played and lost 4hours of time. It's easy to pick up places fine on my box. Oddly I can't max out the textures (it prohibits me due to grab being 1gig)
  3. Shadow Tactics Demo - plays fine and is enjoyable. Much easier than Cammandos. The controls are strange if you're used to other genre scheme's, but work for this game.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS