Auto-close older threads

I see Colif closing a number of threads where OP hasn't come back and the 'discussion' is mainly more of the same 'content' we've been seeing recently. I think that's a good idea, leaves fewer threads open to be spammed, thus lessening load on the mods.

In that vein, XenForo almost certainly has a feature that it can auto-close threads which haven't had a reply in X days, or where OP is more than X days old. That could help you guys also.

@Colif I notice you asking OPs to PM you—I tested that and it says you're shy—fyi :)

Zloth

Community Contributor
There's times where it's nice to keep a topic alive for a long time. For instance, the funny screenshot thread doesn't get all that much activity but its nice to have them all in one thread. It's not THAT big of a deal, though, as one of the early posters can just put in a link to the older topic.

P.S. That BAFTA thread was actually for the 2020 BAFTA awards!

P.S. That BAFTA thread was actually for the 2020 BAFTA awards!
lol. i didn't notice the year on that one.

There's times where it's nice to keep a topic alive for a long time. For instance, the funny screenshot thread doesn't get all that much activity but its nice to have them all in one thread.

Single topic threads such as that are fine to keep alive, I understand that.

I am not closing threads where people who are active users of forum are still using them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts