Question attempt of using emulation software has been detected

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
View: https://imgur.com/a/VzPpYnx

i dont know if its talking about virtualbox

or if its talking about the files in disc 2 i copied from opening in cd rom and pasting them into a new folder in local disk on the virtualbox

but it wont let me play the game

so do i have to get a second optical drive after all by usb or is the issue the game actually detecting that im using virtualbox which is not allowed?

It is probably the vm as in some ways they are the same. Vm have more direct access to pc whereas emulators simulate it.

Only way to run it is by installing Windows xp onto hardware old enough to have drivers for it.
Game sure doesn't want you to play it.

I didn't know if it would work, it was just an option.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
It is probably the vm as in some ways they are the same. Vm have more direct access to pc whereas emulators simulate it.

Only way to run it is by installing Windows xp onto hardware old enough to have drivers for it.
Game sure doesn't want you to play it.

I didn't know if it would work, it was just an option.
but it will work if i save everything of my windows 10 remove windows 10 from this pc and install windows xp

it will work then right?

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
Yes if your motherboard has windows xp drivers. I would look but I am still using my phone

What ever you do, don't attach xp to internet without anti virus or it won't last long
well actually i just thought of i could just get a second ssd disattach my current one, and attach this one install windows xp on it leave no internet access, and then once im done playing the game just put back my orginal ssd with windows 10 on it

i can do that right?

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
Yes if your motherboard has windows xp drivers. I would look but I am still using my phone

What ever you do, don't attach xp to internet without anti virus or it won't last long
even if my motherboard doesnt have xp drivers im still okay right?

all i need to do is get another solid state drive remove my current one keep it in a safe place

put in the new one and boot with windows xp on a usb play the game

and then remove the new solid state drive with windows xp and put back my old one with windows 10 still on it

right?

get a second ssd disattach my current one, and attach this one install windows xp on it

Pending reply from one of the experts who've been doing great work with you, you're likely to face driver problems with the XP drive, as Colif said. You should check first if XP drivers are available for your hardware components.

A while back, COLGeek mentioned what is imo the easiest solution—buy an old XP PC, should be <$100 if not free.

Reactions: Lutfij
Sep 26, 2024
Visit site

Yes, the M4A785T-M supports Windows XP:

• The M4A785T-M comes with an AMD Chipset Driver V5.10.1000.8 for Windows XP and XP 64-bit.

• The M4A785T-M also comes with an ASUS PC ProbeII V1.04.72 Install Program for Windows 32/64-bit XP.

• The M4A785T-M also comes with an ASUS Update V7.16.01 Install Program for Windows 32/64-bit XP.

it looks like im fine!

right? because thats what my motherboard is

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
The ssd idea is a good one if you removed current drive and installed xp on it. I think you need internet access to contact drm servers, that is why I mentioned antivirus. It's been a long time since I used xp.

Not having a pc myself doesn't make answering fun. It should be fixed in 2 days.
no im saying i buy a new ssd and put windows xp on it as well the drivers i downloaded on my computer before removing my current ssd that i downloaded on a usb that would work correct?

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
The ssd idea is a good one if you removed current drive and installed xp on it. I think you need internet access to contact drm servers, that is why I mentioned antivirus. It's been a long time since I used xp.

Not having a pc myself doesn't make answering fun. It should be fixed in 2 days.
im saying i get a new ssd and once it arrives of ordering i download the drivers from my computer before removing my current ssd then after downloading them onto a usb drive and removing my current ssd i attach the new ssd put windows xp on it and the drivers through the usb which will also have the iso file of windows xp for the new ssd

Reactions: Colif
Sep 26, 2024
Visit site

only i dont know how i would download the drivers would they just automatically be detected with the usb in a empty new ssd with the usb also having windows xp iso file?

You need to use a usb 2 drive as from memory xp doesn't know what usb 3 is

I didn't look at driver list, are any of those usb?

If drive is usb 2, I think pc will see it. Xp won't automatically see drivers on it, you need to run their installer to get them on pc.

I would put drivers on a different usb drive from iso

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
You need to use a usb 2 drive as from memory xp doesn't know what usb 3 is

I didn't look at driver list, are any of those usb?

If drive is usb 2, I think pc will see it. Xp won't automatically see drivers on it, you need to run their installer to get them on pc.

I would put drivers on a different usb drive from iso
oh so insert 2 usb drives after i remove my current ssd from my tower

one with the iso file and one with the drivers downloaded correct?

TRENDING THREADS