Asus Tuf A15 Ryzen 4800H RTX 2060 vs Acer Triton 300 i7-10750H RTX2070 MAX Q

Aug 2, 2021
Visit site
Hello been offered the chance to buy either of the two gaming laptops titled above for 700 pounds. I have youtubed them both but both have their pros and cons like anything else. I noticed the 2060 performs better but when watching reviews on the Asus tuf has a lot of bad reviews in terms of over heating so its starting to put me off, also the vents on the under tray dont seem to do anything to help with cooling the laptop down.

Both come with 16gb ram

Asus comes with a 512gb ssd
Trition comes with a 1tb ssd

Just wondering what other peoples opinions are on the two laptops.

Aug 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello been offered the chance to buy either of the two gaming laptops titled above for 700 pounds. I have youtubed them both but both have their pros and cons like anything else. I noticed the 2060 performs better but when watching reviews on the Asus tuf has a lot of bad reviews in terms of over heating so its starting to put me off, also the vents on the under tray dont seem to do anything to help with cooling the laptop down.

Both come with 16gb ram

I think it's better to buy acer nitro an515-57 whit core i5 already using GPU rtx 3050 you only need to add about 30 pounds

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
if at a price of around 700 pounds I prefer 3050 over 2060, if you tell me to choose Asus Tuf A15 or acer triton 300 I prefer acer because 3050 better than

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site

Both come with 16gb ram

hi wilksey, i have a asus tuf 20 (i think its called) it costed about £910 bought it in beginning of april this year of asus directly via amazon.
its got less RAM than that one (8GB), and the SSD drive is 250GB which really peed me off, because if you play a lot of games or several triple A games-or you do photography, it runs down very very quickly, i ended up buying a western digital P50 external SSD game drive along side it and this drive runs perfectly apart from with the xbox game pass-quite a few games dont even recognise its there but ive heard that platform has got a problem with external drives in general anyway.

i closely monitor the heating situation and it only sets off the 'turbo' fan function when im playing triple A games like FORZA horizon 4, and it never goes to the point of overheating,as long as you dont mind the sound of a plane taking off now and again lol, i have profound issues with sound/noise but its quite easy to get used to, i use headphones anyway and you dont hear a peep out the fans that way.

my dad built me a perfect knee laptop table some years ago which might be worth looking at yourself?-basicaly its just a table for your knees but on the table surface itself, it had wooden legs in each corner of where the laptop woud be, so the air flow underneath was decent,im waiting on him doing this again for me.
i personaly dont think laptop cooling pads are that great,ive got one with an onboard computer so i can tinker with the fans but it only ever drops a degree at the most,and the longer you play it the more hot air itll keep dragging back up.
perhaps the high end cooling pads woud work better.

i saw a few bad reviews of the tuf 20 on youtube originaly-some even being really petty and snobby such as saying the laptop was terrible because of the logo,but i bought it anyway as i wanted to make my own mind up,i have several positive experiences with asus laptops,was desperate to get back to gaming and i was only peed off at two things with it- the ryzen 7 4000T CPU runs at 2.60GHz with 8 cores, FORZA horizon 4 gives a warning error box every time you launch it telling you how substandard it is,i think the RTX 2060 is a sweet bit of budget kit providing its got enough dedicated video memory- and i dont think mine has enough for current triple A and next gen.
i will be adding more memory at christmas-hopefuly hiking it up to 32GB, id do it now but my appointee (a formal legal person who controls my money due to my disabilities) woud have a paddy if i asked for anything else right now, she already lknows im getting the highest end steam deck.

as for the acer,i can only go off past experiences over ten years ago but they felt quite brital and cheap,and were very difficult to get hold of parts and lots of working techies told me never go with an acer due to the way they quite quickly discontinue bits and pieces.
however this all coud have changed since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS