Question Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 not launching (probably Brotherhood and Revelations as well)

May 27, 2020
Visit site
I recently wanted to finally play the early entries in the series after having them sit in my Uplay library for a while.

So I went and downloaded the first game through the launcher (now Ubisoft Connect after their weird rebranding) but it just didn't want to launch.
I went and tried all of the compatibility settings on the DX9 and DX10 versions of the game but nothing would help.
Nothing I found while searching online helped (putting it on the main system drive, disconnecting the internet, manually executing the DirectX setups in the game directory, etc...)

So, after feeling completely defeated I went and downloaded the second game hoping that it would at least be something contained to AC1. After watching the installation process go through, with a heavy feeling of dread still lingering in my mind, I went and clicked on play.

The exact same thing happened...which is to say nothing happened. AC 2 won't launch either. I didn't want to bother downloading the other games as well just to come to the same conclusion.

Can someone please help me to get these games running again?

May 27, 2020
Visit site
No error message pops up, the games just don't start. The only thing that pops up very briefly is the little ubisoft window that says "preparing to launch game", but that just disappears and nothing happens.

Windows 10, Version 2004, OS build 19041.630

Yes I have tried that, it does nothing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts