Anyone play Warframe?

Like you i've had my eye on warframe but not played it. Its sort of fallen by the wayside as i made time for other timesink games. In my case it was planetside 2 and then i went back to path of exile.

i think there has been so many features and add-ons its kinda overwhelming to play these days. I saw joshstrifehaye's video on it and honestly its put me off from trying. I've got a steam backlog that needs my attention.

What does he play on—seems to be a very different experience depending:
QDSrspS.png

Has anyone on here played it?
I haven't, because my early impressions were:
1. It's got microtxns;
2. It's super grindy, to encourage the microtxns;
3. It's multi-player only—Steam says "Broadband Internet Connection Required";
4. It's got a lot of RPG;
5. It's TPP;
6. It's hacky-slashy, runny-gunny, sprayey-prayey.

So if #3 is wrong, maybe the others are too—I see it's been heavily expanded over the years, so obviously the microtxns are working for them.

I think he played it on his PC, but it could have been his XB1.

1. It's got microtxns;
5. It's TPP;

So if #3 is wrong, maybe the others are too—I see it's been heavily expanded over the years, so obviously the microtxns are working for them.
Like I said, I haven't tried it myself. But he tells me it has a really good single player mode, and also that it's very playable without spending any real money on it.

QDSrspS.png

1. It's got microtxns;
5. It's TPP;

for me I've only watched other people I know play it from time to time...

what I liked about it:

what I didnt like about it:
1. It's got microtxns;

YMMV of course. 😉

so I still don't want to try it cuz I'm scared of online Freemium forever grind.
but the graphics and RPG look cool. especialy some of the space missions that play like titanfall (sort of) and dead space, or some other space shooter 3D.

Warframe is a free to play shooter. My son says it has great multiplayer, plus a great single player mode. I've meant to try it for years, but never got around to it.

Has anyone on here played it? If so, what are your thoughts?
I've played it for 3500 hours, so yeah.

It has microtransactions, as @Brian Boru says, but they aren't necessary to your enjoyment of the game, and pretty much everything can be gotten in game except for cosmetics and extra slots for weapons and such, but if you want to go completely without paying for anything you can. You can even earn premium currency in game by selling things to other players, but you won't have anything people want when you first start playing.

Game can be played solo but still requires an online connection. Some of the end-game things might be a little difficult to solo, but they can be done. The community is excellent if you want to play with others. If you play with others, you want to conform to how they are playing because most people are grinding and don't have time for your nonsense. They just want to get to the end of the mission as fast as possible. I mention this because I've seen new players complain about it frequently. They want to look around and explore, etc. but if you want to do that, you should just go solo.

As far as the grind goes, that's really more of an end game thing, or special events thing. You can play through the story and all the planets and such, and there really isn't any grind to that.

I think they may have added an on-boarding thing for new players, but I haven't tried it, but the game has been constantly expanded on for years and years now, so you probably want to keep the wiki handy at all times. It can be very confusing because of the sheer number of systems and such in the game.

3500 hours? That's crazy, man! Thanks for the info, though. Not sure when I'll get around to it, but I really want to try it out sometime. I don't think I'm going to have 3500 hours to invest in it, though. Haha.
I basically played nothing else for years. Maybe 6 years? Dunno. It was a long time. I finally got so burned out on it that I can't stand to be in the game at all now.

My last piece of advice is to never purchase boosters. They are like drugs. Once you get used to them, you can't play without them. I mean things like credit and XP boosters.

I basically played nothing else for years. Maybe 6 years? Dunno. It was a long time. I finally got so burned out on it that I can't stand to be in the game at all now.

My last piece of advice is to never purchase boosters. They are like drugs. Once you get used to them, you can't play without them. I mean things like credit and XP boosters.
If I ever play it, I definitely will not be making any in-game purchases. If I ever feel like it's necessary, I have plenty of other games to play.

Well, I felt guilty playing as much as I did without shooting them some cash every now and then, so I used to buy things every so often.
I get that. But the thing about this model of gaming is that if a F2P game gets popular, they make insanely more money than games you pay for without microtransactions. So I'm never going to feel guilted into buying stuff for that reason.

Reactions: Brian Boru

awwww, frick that hahaha, I totally get the booster = drug behavior.

There was this offline mobile game I played before, and it was just normal in game money not IRL, but I basically HAD TO USE BOOSTERS / Multipliers every round. Literally. 🤣

now, I have to be careful not to do that at all on any FREEmium game. 💪😎

I've played Warframe for 4 years. True, it's grindy, but it kinda gives you the satisfaction when you get the items that you worked hard for. I'm a F2P so I know the feeling for real. It's the challenge that gets you going and the reward you'll get afterwards. Microtransaction is there but it's just an option, really. You can also farm premium items by grinding them then trade them with players in-game. That's how many f2p did it and they got premium items and game currencies after a couple of grinds and trades.

I've played Warframe for 4 years. True, it's grindy, but it kinda gives you the satisfaction when you get the items that you worked hard for. I'm a F2P so I know the feeling for real. It's the challenge that gets you going and the reward you'll get afterwards. Microtransaction is there but it's just an option, really. You can also farm premium items by grinding them then trade them with players in-game. That's how many f2p did it and they got premium items and game currencies after a couple of grinds and trades.
Thanks for signing up here to give a good answer. I hope you choose to stick around a take part in our discussions!

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
I used to be a fanatical player, even maxing out all the things for a while, but it has largely fallen by the wayside for me.

It has become the other extreme of how a live-service may eventually go bad. That instead of getting given up on early and dying early, it lives for so long it has become so utterly huge it might succumb under its own weight.

The game has dozens of stuff you could do and each are operating in almost episodic bubbles. Activity #32 from 2019 is the sole way to get item #322, and item #455 can only be gained by doing activity #55 that was released in 2022. It gets really hard to keep track, the activities get overwhelming quick, are pretty grindy and you WILL need the help of the fandom wiki if you want any hope of figuring out where you can get that specific warframe you might like.

The gameplay itself is still great, but yeah. Be ready to get overwhelmed.

TRENDING THREADS