Anyone finding the new NVIDIA drivers causing any issues?

Sep 30, 2022
Visit site
I installed the new windows 22h2 on my PC, then a new driver. Got the driver 522.25, then a day or two later, kept getting blue screens. and blue screen viewer showed ntoskrnl.exe+3f8f60.
PC specs: I7 4790k
16gbs of ddr3 ram
2060 SUPER
Using DDU after a few failed attempts finally uninstalled the drivers and a fresh reinstall fixed everything.
ran stress tests for over 12 hours and pc running fine for a week nearly.
Then my dads pc got the same issue
from the driver
3950 and 2080 ti
same ddu and reinstall fixed it
when i got home
Now i installed the windows update again and the same driver, on my home pc (3080 TI and i9 9900ks and after two days of lower then normal performance, got a blue screen on this PC with the same errors. 3 pc's in a row. DDU and a fresh install fixed all the issues This can't be a coincidence can it?
3 pc's with same error

Last edited:
All I've had issues with on 522.25 is Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection seems to crash a lot more. Sites are recommending rolling back to 517.48 for that game, but I'm pretty sure in that case it's mostly the game at fault, though not 100% sure.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Are you on Win10 or 11? The other 2 PCs the same?

16gbs of ddr3 ram
DDR3, really? Not DDR4?

installed the new windows 22h2 on my PC
Has that been given the all clear? I haven't heard so, and I doubt it would've happened so quickly—usually takes months to iron out the bugs. I doubt many of us here have it, eg I'm still on 21H1.

blue screen viewer showed ntoskrnl.exe
That's part of Windows core, so points to an issue with Windows.

i installed the windows update again and the same driver
Did you get the driver from MS or Nvidia or the graphics card maker?

Is there a particular reason you need to update the GPU driver? They're better left alone until you need an update, or are ready to deal with the consequences of it going wrong.

If/when you do another restore and reinstall, only reinstall either Win Update OR the GPU driver—not both together. That'll point to which of those is the more likely culprit.

you installed windows and only installed one new driver?

maybe thats why

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Win 10 22H2 did nothing new, it took 2 minutes to install it on my PC. It was most likely all installed on the previous windows update and all it did was change the version number
Win 11 22H2 was about the same.

ntoskrnl is always blamed as its the windows kernel. . It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Sep 30, 2022
Visit site
Are you on Win10 or 11? The other 2 PCs the same?
The i7-4790k is windows 10, so is the i9-9900ks build and my dads laptop. And updated them all to the new feature update.

DDR3, really? Not DDR4?
Thats my I7 4790k, 2060 super build, other then a few upgrades, the motherboard, cpu and ram are fairly old.

Has that been given the all clear? I haven't heard so, and I doubt it would've happened so quickly—usually takes months to iron out the bugs. I doubt many of us here have it, eg I'm still on 21H1.

Not sure, just saw it in windows update and installed it.

That's part of Windows core, so points to an issue with Windows.

Did you get the driver from MS or Nvidia or the graphics card maker?

Use Nvidia's site.

Is there a particular reason you need to update the GPU driver? They're better left alone until you need an update, or are ready to deal with the consequences of it going wrong.

Usually try to keep all mys tuff updated.

If/when you do another restore and reinstall, only reinstall either Win Update OR the GPU driver—not both together. That'll point to which of those is the more likely culprit.

[Mod edit: removed Quote so all of post is visible.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Answer from somewhere else:

Seems lots of people had problems with that driver - link
There was a problem with drivers and Cyberpunk but a hot fix is meant to be installed automatically if you have game.
Advice is to use the previous driver.

I have that driver listed and haven't had any BSOD.

Do you need me to look at dumps if you sure its the GPU drivers?

Yep, Nvidia alright

Getting sick of DPC errors this year.

File: 102722-13812-01.dmp (Oct 28 2022 - 07:59:44)
BugCheck: [DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by: nvlddmkm.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

report - click run as fiddle to read report

lucky its not an AMD system as mixing 2 sets of ram together might be cause of errors. Could still be but you have better chance of it working on Intel. if it shifts blame to another driver, I would try taking the 2 unmatched sticks out.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022
Visit site
Since from what you said about it being two diffent ram sticks, they both have the same name and model numbers, but the models serial codes are diffent. I really need the 32gbs. So should I just buy a new set of 32gbs of ram?

Since we talking on 2 different forums...

Maybe a year been using them, and this is probably my 2nd blue screen in maybe a year and half. And my other pc got the same error when using that driver too. The ram sticks look the same, 4x8 and all at same speed and have the same name. There all also only 8gb sticks each. So a totally of 32gbs.

The ram should be fine if you only had 2 BSOD in 18 months

Fiddle is just used to read the conversion of another program that I use to convert the dump files. Its just the output
I didn't write the converter, a friend did that a few years ago. And its only in the last few weeks I have been converting them. He was doing it for most of that time.

report - click run as fiddle to read results
Although I don't expect you to understand them, its taken me 5 years to work out a lot of it.

File: 101622-5937-01.dmp (Oct 17 2022 - 03:00:15)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: FIFA23.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File: 101622-5906-01.dmp (Oct 17 2022 - 02:41:26)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: FIFA23.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File: 101622-3859-01.dmp (Oct 17 2022 - 03:16:17)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS (CE)]
Probably caused by: rtwlanu.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

These ones are easy to understand. Most BSOD I get don't show that warning line in description, have to figure it out without having a driver name.

2 were Nvidia, the 3rd one is actually the driver for his Reatlek WIFI card
Aug 21 2020rtwlanu.sysRealtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver https://www.realtek.com/en/

realtek error is unusual

Note: I have never seen that 3rd BSOD before, so I wonder... how long has he been using 2 different sets of ram for?
4096MB1600MHz0215CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
4096MB1333MHzKingstonKHX1866C10D3/4G
4096MB1600MHz0215CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
4096MB1333MHzKingstonKHX1866C10D3/4G
Corsair & Kingston

If its been years, its not the problem.

Last edited: