Question Any way to get rid of burn in on IPS screen?

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm using a Samsung 6290 40 inch 4k tv for my monitor. It is now 5 years old and I'm getting image retention. It only shows through with certain colors. Some of is from the desktop and some from other things like YouTube, etc. For the desktop, I have hidden everything and gone with a pure white solid wallpaper. The question is can the image retention be reversed?

Hi :) So I have no idea, didnt even know that modern IPS or VA as you have screens did this. But I found this in the old Hard Forum archive which has to be worth a shot.

Ok, the short guide:

If you have a monitor with a TN panel:
- Create a new image in paint with the same dimensions as your desktop resolution. Fill the image with black color, go to the view tab and press "Full screen" (In win7). Leave the image on for two-three hours.

If you have a monitor with an IPS/VA-based panel:
- Do the same as above, but with a white image instead.

Now, any burn-in symptoms should be gone. If not, leave the image on for a longer time.

Let us know if it helps, otherwise I'm afraid I dont know.

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
Hi :) So I have no idea, didnt even know that modern IPS or VA as you have screens did this. But I found this in the old Hard Forum archive which has to be worth a shot.

Let us know if it helps, otherwise I'm afraid I dont know.
I' m using a white wallpaper now. So this should work? Don't have to use paint since you can use solid colors for wallpapers.

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
I guess so, as long as you dont have a task bar or icons on the screen. As I said I just Googled it, I was curious because I've had IPS screens for years and I've not had image retention. Not one of my areas exactly, but worth a shot :)
I can turn on the icons when I need them. The taskbar is easy to bring up by putting the mouse pointer on the bottom of the screen. Thanks for the help. Hopefully, this will work.

TRENDING THREADS