Question Any help for my first gaming pc

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey i have a question, i've never build a pc or even owned a pc before. Recently i've started looking for a good pc build and came across some sites where i could build my own pc, assembly included. I've finally made a pc build that i am kinda happy with, but i don't know if there is any overkill or bottlenecking. So i thought why not ask some who does know.
In the build i've added two monitors, because i wondered if my build is compatible with those monitors and if you'd recommend them.
I don't know if the games i play are of any help, but i'm planning on playing a lot of shooters and maybe some open world games.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor ($439.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($141.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($129.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($289.74 @ B&H)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card ($827.74 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($244.00 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: HP OMEN X 27 27.0" 2560x1440 240 Hz Monitor ($594.99 @ HP)
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G7 27.0" 2560x1440 240 Hz Monitor ($699.99 @ B&H)
Total: $3672.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-26 18:50 EDT-0400

Thanks in advance :)
BTW if there are any terrible mistakes in my english please excuse me, it's not my first language.

Maybe wait for 3070—much better performance, much lower price at launch time. Currently out of stock though, I haven't kept track of the drama after launch.
two monitors
I've used 2 for 20 years, find it very difficult to be productive whenever I'm forced to one-only. So go for it if you use the PC for general purposes. If it's only for gaming, then may be a waste as there are very few games which are designed to use a second—only one I've played is Supreme Commander. Check out Multi-Monitor Gaming

For compatibility, compare the outputs from your video card to the inputs on your monitors—it's very probable they'll match, but make sure.

If you're going to be competitive multi-player FPS, then you'll probably need a monitor. I single-play Far Cry & similar and 2 TVs work fine for me—a lot more screen space for your $. Check out TV for Gaming.

I don't know enough about recent hardware to comment on the rest of your build—good luck with it!

Oct 26, 2020
Visit site
Maybe wait for 3070—much better performance, much lower price at launch time. Currently out of stock though, I haven't kept track of the drama after launch.

I've used 2 for 20 years, find it very difficult to be productive whenever I'm forced to one-only. So go for it if you use the PC for general purposes. If it's only for gaming, then may be a waste as there are very few games which are designed to use a second—only one I've played is Supreme Commander. Check out Multi-Monitor Gaming

For compatibility, compare the outputs from your video card to the inputs on your monitors—it's very probable they'll match, but make sure.

If you're going to be competitive multi-player FPS, then you'll probably need a monitor. I single-play Far Cry & similar and 2 TVs work fine for me—a lot more screen space for your $. Check out TV for Gaming.

I don't know enough about recent hardware to comment on the rest of your build—good luck with it!

Thanks a lot for your quick response!
I wasn't planning on buying both of the monitors, i just want one of them, might have been a little unclear, so sorry about that.
And i'll look more into those tv's for gaming and i might find something better than those monitors.
I think i'll stick with monitors for shooter games, but i'll definitely look into it.

As for the GPU i think it would be smart to wait for the new RTX 30 series, hadn't thought about that before so thanks for that too! :)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS