Anthem redux?

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member

"Over the last year, the team has worked hard to improve stability, performance and general quality of life while delivering three seasons of new content and features. We have also heard your feedback that Anthem needs a more satisfying loot experience, better long-term progression and a more fulfilling end game. So we recognize that there’s still more fundamental work to be done to bring out the full potential of the experience, and it will require a more substantial reinvention than an update or expansion," Hudson wrote.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I want to love anthem, it just needs more content, much more in fact! Debates about the loot mechanics aside, the game's core mechanics like flight and combat feel really good! The art direction is great and the music is solid, it just simply lacks the the depth of various systems that other games as a service, like Warframe, manage to provide. PVE content is lacking.

The whole of the game makes me feel like I got all geared up for an epic adventure only to be playing mini golf and other such activities in a limited, end of the world, amusement park. While at first the novelty of the spectacle carries you forward, it quickly becomes apparent that there's not a whole lot to do, so you better REALLY love the handful of rides that are available . You have an attractive world and atmosphere there Bioware, but it needs to have depth of play and diversity of objectives to match its suggested grandeur!

Last edited:
Reactions: Frindis
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
I discussed the game and the state of it in fall of 2019. My prediction was that the game will be F2P in 2020. I am pretty sure that this will be the case.

My more detailed prediction is that they will make it F2P or they will make it very cheap to buy it (5-10€). They will put a small team on it and they basically try to squeeze a bit of microtransaction revenue in. Then the game will die a slow death and the servers will be shut down in late 2021.

Reactions: Sarafan

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I discussed the game and the state of it in fall of 2019. My prediction was that the game will be F2P in 2020. I am pretty sure that this will be the case.

Switching to F2P can be the only chance the game has. I don't know whether it'll help for a longer period, but can be quite successful on shorter term. I agree however that EA will probably shut down its servers in the near future.

TRENDING THREADS