Anime General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Right now I'm watching Overlord, Oregairu and Ishuzoku Reviewers (read the manga before the anime came out, somehow the anime is even dirtier than the manga).

I'm about to start watching Fate: Grand Order next.
Are you talking about the Babylonia anime? Do you play fgo? Because if you haven't you might wanna check out a plot summary of the show before diving into it, because it jumps right into one of the arcs in the middle of the game.

Just wanna make sure, since Fate is notorious for being hard to get into.

Reactions: Abby
Not watching any anime. The last one i did watch was One Punchman season 2. A real disappointment. It felt like a necessary filler series i guess, but yeah, not great.

Before that it was steins;gate 0 didn't finish it. I loved the original one but the second series was disappointment. its not like it didn't have some excellent episodes, but part of the problem was that the story just goes absolutely no where for the most part.

Stopped at episode 19/20. Might pick up later but... meh.

need to get back to watching more anime. Like finish watching attack on titan series.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Was looking around Amazon and found prices a bit high for Blu-ray so I did some engine searching. Funimation looks pretty good and I am thinking about getting a subscription to watch all of Dragon Ball. Don't really know much more Anime than that other than Gundam.

Anything else worth watching? Is subscribing to Funimation wise?

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Anything else worth watching? Is subscribing to Funimation wise?
As for the first part of the question: depends, what you are looking for? If you want some more mature oriented anime, then I can recommend quite a few. Or comedies.
Second question: no idea.

Recently finished Houseki no Kuni and had fun with it, even if it wasn't anything super special. Solid 6/10, great use of CGI, some character progression (even if it was way too much and ended the character being totally different person) and good audio. Just wish they would do more with the lore and "secrets" instead of cutting the series just when it was about to get interesting.

Tried Dororo as well, gave up after 6 episodes. Seriously, how can anybody praise it? The characters, their behaviour, dialogues, decisions "just because script said so"... ugh! So. Very. Bad. Seriously couldn't stand it.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
I'm more into Action Anime. I've been checking out the forums on Funimation. Some people like it, some don't. I think I'll give it a try soon though. Was just wondering if anybody subscribed to Funimation on these forums.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Well for action oriented anime I could propose:
- Akira
- Basilisk: Kouga Ninpou Chou
- Black Lagoon
- Death Note
- Kara no Kyoukai series
- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
- Psycho-Pass
- Samurai Champloo
- Vampire Hunter D (2000)
- Darker Than Black (only first season, second was a mistake)
- Shigurui
- Stranger: Mukou Hadan
- Sidonia no Kishi

I guess that's solid amount of stuff to check out for now ;P

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
Just got done watching "Hunter X Hunter". The show is super EPIC! I love every minuet of it. The only thing i hated is on session 7 just about at the end where there fighting the Chimera Ants. It feel like they try to stretch the episodes way to long and was taking so long on fighting and trying to get every one in it. That's my opinion but everything ills was great.

I started back up watching "Bleach" back up. That's a good one.

Cowboybebop, Tri-Gun, One Punch Man, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball Super and Naruto with Naruto Shippuden are my Favorite shows to watch.

I need to start looking for new animes that i havent watch yet. What are some really good Anime's out there?

Reactions: Abby and Chino10

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
What did you watch recently?

Currently I am in the middle of rewatch of Kara no Kyoukai (Garden of Sinners). Been a while since I've seen it and I totally forgot that episodes don't follow the timeline and every time I have to figure out where exactly are the current events taking place.

Art, animations and music are still damn good. Somehow I remember story being better, maybe just the first impression was much stronger for me back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS