AMD Ryzen 5 2600 16GB RAM Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB VRAM Possible upgrade in near future

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Heyo Neo here with my first post :)

Poland
Around 700 USD + maybe money from reselling parts I will be switching
I'm a student my primary income will be summer jobs, now just trying to see how much I need to save up to have an upgrade that would set me up for some time.

Use Case: Gaming/Surfing on the internet/ watching tv series and movies
Parts to Upgrade: CPU, GPU maybe RAM too
Preferred Website(s) for Parts? Amazon ( I do have some Polish sites too but I don't think they would help would they?)
Parts Preferences: AMD
Overclocking: Yes/Maybe
Additional Comments: It needs to run mc with mods and shaders

Why Are You Upgrading: I'm having trouble running some mod packs on MC. I know MC xd. And also my current GPU VRAM is only 4 GB I think 6 GB would be recommended for gaming nowadays

Last edited by a moderator:
Poland
Around 700 USD + maybe money from reselling parts I will be switching
I'm a student my primary income will be summer jobs, now just trying to see how much I need to save up to have an upgrade that would set me up for some time.
I would upgrade the cpu and gpu. Nvidia is due to release the RTX 4070 and RTX 4060 next month.

CPU

amd5600.jpg

Last edited:
I think I know what the problem was with posting the thread as a whole altho I'm not sure 100%
I changed the full name of the game to MC and it went through
Ahh. Yep sorry I didnt think of that one.

Agree with Ryzen 5600 with latest BIOS for your motherboard. I think you can quite easily order from Germany? The selection of PSU and GPU is highly reliant on the price you can get them for.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor (€142.99 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card (€420.38 @ Computeruniverse)
Power Supply: ADATA XPG CORE Reactor 750 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€108.06 @ Galaxus)
Total: €671.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-03 07:50 CET+0100

Radeon 6700XT is going to be a huge upgrade for you, replace your PSU with this very good quality model and youll be doing ok for a few years at your budget.

Your motherboard doesnt officially support RAM faster than 3200 according to the website. With yours running at 3000 already then 3200 isnt going to be much of an upgrade. In a while you might want to upgarde to 32GB if you want to play all modern games, but should be fine for a couple years yet.

If you literally only want to play MC, you could probably spend a bit less on the GPU.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
Well MC but also some newer titles as well (Legacy) I said Mc as Im drawn to it at the moment but things change it may get boring in a bit if I play it too much :p

If I would consider an upgrade for RAM what would you recommend?

And does it matter and should parts be of the same brand I have Gigabyte GPU now 1650 so should I go with a gigabyte or go with AMD because my processor is AMD?

And does it matter and should parts be of the same brand I have Gigabyte GPU now 1650 so should I go with a gigabyte or go with AMD because my processor is AMD?

The 6700XT is an AMD graphics card.
Gigabyte/Sapphire/MSI etc are 3rd parties that create different versions of it, e.g. some have 3 fans instead of 2 and are slightly faster, but they are generally more expensive.

As your saving up to buy this after summer it's difficult to give advice on Graphics cards as Nvidia and AMD should both have released new mid-range cards by then.

In my opinion you don't need to upgrade your ram yet. 16gb should be enough for the next few years.

TRENDING THREADS