Alienware Aurora Ordered

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi All,

Finally decided to replace my ~ 9yr old PC (a Dell XPS 8300 i7 2600).

I just ordered an Alienware Aurora which hopefully should arrive end of April / early May.

Specs are as follows:
  • AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X
  • NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080
  • 32GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz
  • 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Would have waited for a custom PC but with parts shortage etc and the fact I managed to get 20% off this PC using work discount, I decided to pull the trigger.

Now waiting to pick up a decent monitor for this PC, was thinking of the 2021 Samsung Odyssey curved monitor. Any others I should consider?

Thoughts welcome.

Ash

Would have waited for a custom PC but with parts shortage etc and the fact I managed to get 20% off this PC using work discount, I decided to pull the trigger
That's very likely a good call—still all kinds of shortages around, not helped by the factory fire in Japan and the unexpected demand increase for cars.

I 'inherited' an Aurora R6 from 2017. The thing is rubbish to work inside, but has been faultless for the last 3 years. May you have similar good fortune :)

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
That's very likely a good call—still all kinds of shortages around, not helped by the factory fire in Japan and the unexpected demand increase for cars.

I 'inherited' an Aurora R6 from 2017. The thing is rubbish to work inside, but has been faultless for the last 3 years. May you have similar good fortune :)
Thank you

TRENDING THREADS