Alienware area 51 i7 9700 , 17 inch, 2080 nvidia . Still good ?

Dec 7, 2022
Visit site
Hello fellow gaming people,
Thank you for wasting your time to help me out .
I am an older gamer in my 40’s but still love gaming when i have time. My info about latest tech is kinda outdated and i need help.

Been looking at a very well cared for alienware 17 inch i7 9700k with the 2080 8 gb card and 32 gb of ram and 17 inch 1980x1080full hd. Laptop has 2 chargers, is the thick one and is big . Is the one with 200 wats on the gpu and desktop componens that can be upgraded to i9 or 64 gb ram.

i do not care is big. I like that.
i want a portable desktop to game and do my work on it too. And i want all the possible power to game and a 17 inch .
Please be so kind and tell me am i doing wrong buy this at 1.2 k gbp or should i do the effort buy something else ? Are the 2080 cards still ok ?
I seen the new range of alienware, they thin , they noisy . I do not like them so much.
i want a big proper build machine, with excellent cooling. I do not need it to be light or thin. It can have 10 kg for all i care.
I do not care about the power consumption . Just want lots of power .
Please tell me is this laptop good idea or should i buy something else ? I have about 2 k gbp to put down for my new toy.
thank you so much.

Dec 7, 2022
Visit site
Only dota 2 as my current 10 year old machine can not do more . Barely does that . I would like to play far cry 6 but cant . Or similar games .
Basically my question is : is this 2 year old machine any good today or should bite bullet and pay 2-3k for new machine with rtx 3080 . Hi from Lancaster , thanks for your answer .

Dec 7, 2022
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not a computer wizard!I only play games!))I gave you the parameters of my car and it has been playing normally since 2019 ! In all online games, she shows herself well! yes, it's just not online games

TRENDING THREADS