AAA title games are not running on my ryzen 5 5500u laptop

Nov 29, 2021
Visit site
I have Asus Vivobook 17 with ryzen 5 5500u(AMD Radeon Graphics) and 16GB DDR4 dual channel ram, But I cannot play games like AC Origins, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Resident Evil 2, etc. These games shows error like this “ the application did not start correctly (0x000007b)”.

I have tried every fixes like installing and updating graphics drivers, directx and microsoft visual but it won't work. In my laptop even 7 to 10 year old titles like far cry 3, gta 5, watch dogs and call of duty black ops 2 is giving average fps of only 50-60 in 1280×720 lowest settings.

I don't know why my laptop is underperforming. But one thing I have noticed that game which requires minimum of 1gb vram or less than that(ex: 512mb vram) is running on my laptop and the game which requires more than 1gb vram(ex: 2gb vram) is not running on my laptop.

[Mod edit: added paragraphs for readability.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Asus Vivobook 17 with ryzen 5 5500u(AMD Radeon Graphics) and 16GB DDR4 dual channel ram, But I cannot play games like AC Origins, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Resident Evil 2, etc. These games shows error like this “ the application did not start correctly (0x000007b)”, I have tried every fixes like installing and updating graphics drivers, directx and microsoft visual but it won't work. In my laptop even 7 to 10 year old titles like far cry 3, gta 5, watch dogs and call of duty black ops 2 is giving average fps of only 50-60 in 1280×720 lowest settings. I don't know why my laptop is underperforming. But one thing I have noticed that game which requires minimum of 1gb vram or less than that(ex: 512mb vram) is running on my laptop and the game which requires more than 1gb vram(ex: 2gb vram) is not running on my laptop.

Well, you don't have a graphics card, so that's a problem. The AMD Radeon Graphics is just an integrated solution. You don't have any VRAM or anything like that. The error you are getting indicates that required components are missing--in other words, the graphics card. So basically you are going to have problems running these games on that laptop. There are a lot of indie games you can run, and maybe games like Civilization, but those big shooters might not work.

I seem to remember hearing about a YouTube channel dedicated to helping people run games on integrated cards. You might do a search for how to run games without a dedicated GPU and see what comes up. The games aren't going to look good, though. You'll be running them on Low settings and probably with reduced resolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 29, 2021
Visit site
Well, you don't have a graphics card, so that's a problem. The AMD Radeon Graphics is just an integrated solution. You don't have any VRAM or anything like that. The error you are getting indicates that required components are missing--in other words, the graphics card. So basically you aren't going to be running these games on that laptop. There are a lot of indie games you can run, and maybe games like Civilization, but those big shooters aren't going to work.
Well, you don't have a graphics card, so that's a problem. The AMD Radeon Graphics is just an integrated solution. You don't have any VRAM or anything like that. The error you are getting indicates that required components are missing--in other words, the graphics card. So basically you aren't going to be running these games on that laptop. There are a lot of indie games you can run, and maybe games like Civilization, but those big shooters aren't going to work.
But In some laptops like HP 15 and Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 5 with same specs can run many AAA tiltles like Far Cry 5, Rage 2, Resident Evil 3, Battlefield 5, etc. In 1280×720 low settings in 30-50 fps

some laptops … with same specs can run many AAA tiltles like Far Cry 5
Whoever told you that is giving bad info. Eg recommended spec for FC5 on Steam says:
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
@ZedClampet is correct with his assessment and advice.

I haven't read these, but might help:

Reactions: ZedClampet

TRENDING THREADS