PCG Article A short list of some of the new Up & Coming Games of 2022

We might be entering 2022's last third, but there are still some big hits coming. A few huge new PC games early in the year like Total War: Warhammer 3 and the long-awaited, long-memed Elden Ring (opens in new tab) haven't exactly led to the most riotous year for triple-A releases. Still, it's still been a strong year for indie games, and we have a great new way to play them with Valve's handheld Steam Deck (opens in new tab).

Still to be released this year are:
Disney Dreamlight Valley September 6 (Early Access)
Sunday Gold September 13
Return to Monkey Island September 19
Overwatch 2 October 4 (Early Access)
Gotham Knights October 21
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 October 28
Company of Heroes 3 November 17
Warhammer 40k: Darktide November 30
System Shock
Marvels Midnight Suns
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Best Solo games: https://www.techradar.com/best/best-single-player-games

Last edited:
Sunday Gold September 13
System Shock
Marvels Midnight Suns

The only one on that list I'm interested in is Gotham Knights.

Sunday Gold September 13
System Shock
Marvels Midnight Suns

You might want to change the title to remove the "All" since more than that will be released every day.

Out of that list, I'm interested in Darktide and Midnight Suns.

Reactions: Sarafan and Pifanjr
From this list I'm pretty much only interested in Darktide. From the preview I watched it looks like a slam dunk quality squad game. If you're solely a singleplayer gamer it is probably a bit less enticing, but I'm really looking forward to it. Plus, I've been a 40k fan for a long time so that's obviously an added bonus. However, unless it got delayed without me knowing, A Plague Tale: Requiem is coming out in October and that's definitely high on my list of upcoming releases (although not on this list).

We got three people listing Darktide. If I add Guido, that gives us a whole squad :)
If you're solely a singleplayer gamer it is probably a bit less enticing, but I'm really looking forward to it.
I played the Vermintide games both way. Didn't have much problems going solo until I got to Legendary. It was doable, but I failed a lot, especially at first. You have to take full responsibility for everything on Legendary, especially the Specials since the AI is terrible at saving people who've been snagged. If the human player gets dragged, it's basically all over.

Reactions: Sarafan and Pifanjr
From this list I'm pretty much only interested in Darktide. From the preview I watched it looks like a slam dunk quality squad game. If you're solely a singleplayer gamer it is probably a bit less enticing, but I'm really looking forward to it. Plus, I've been a 40k fan for a long time so that's obviously an added bonus. However, unless it got delayed without me knowing, A Plague Tale: Requiem is coming out in October and that's definitely high on my list of upcoming releases (although not on this list).
Yeah, A Plague Tale: Requiem wasn't on the list, and that's probably my most anticipated game this year.

The inclusion of the grand strategy map akin to Total War in Company of Heroes 3 looks really interesting to me.

Darktide also looks interesting, but I won't have enough time to play regularly with friends, so it won't be worth buying. I might get to play a game or two via Family Sharing after my friends have bought it, so I can borrow it from one to play with the other.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I really don't get how The Calisto Protocol and A Plague Tale: Requiem didn't make their list. Those are the 2 most anticipated games of the end of this year for me.
Both of those games are on the list. @Colif didn't list every game on there.

Mount & Blade 2 needs to be on the list... and it is! The only game on my wish list for 2022 but not Lauren's list is 4D Miner - and I'm more interested in seeing what happens with that game than actually buying it.

Both of those games are on the list. @Colif didn't list every game on there.

Mount & Blade 2 needs to be on the list... and it is! The only game on my wish list for 2022 but not Lauren's list is 4D Miner - and I'm more interested in seeing what happens with that game than actually buying it.
Shame on you Colif for omitting two of the best games on the list in your post! :confused_old:

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Normally I'd wait for Bloodlines 2 the most, but it's very unlikely that the game will be released this year. Right now it's in the development hell. We don't know anything certain about the game.

Besides that I'm interested in Overwatch 2 and System Shock remake. I'll try the first one and if the microtransactions won't be invasive, I'll consider spending with the game some time. System Shock remake is a certainty for me. I strongly believe that they won't destroy the game. The biggest problem with the original is that its controls are outdated. It really takes time to get used to them. If they'll improve this aspect along with the graphics, we should get a really decent remake.

The System Shock Remake by Beam Dog is a definite for me, though I may wait for a few weeks to see some reviews, as it had a bit of a prolonged and trouble development. I think it should be released before the end of the year.

I also have some interest in Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2, but there's no way that will be released this year. Who even knows what state it's in since production was shifted to another developer.

For me its Darktide and System Shock. I love the warhammer universe and now it looks like a left for dead style version, which is a formula i also like, so hopefully itll be fun.

Played the original System Shock and thought it was ok, the remake looks really nice, so ill probably get that too.
wait, it's in left 4 dead style? this I must see. 😁

also I'm interested in system shock.

TRENDING THREADS