900-1000€ Budget - 1st Gaming PC / Wanted some help and advice.

Apr 15, 2024
Visit site
Hello, so I’m new to this topic but I wanted to build my own pc most likely for gaming and I've done a lot of research to learn more and to see what can I do with a budget of 900/1000€.
I currently live in Portugal and so, here is what I’ve done:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2 Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory ($106.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($120.30 @ Amazon)
I'm also looking for Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME ($94.99 @ Amazon)
(Not sure because SNS850X could be less expensive for a similiar perfomance imo)
Video Card: XFX Speedster QICK 319 Core Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card ($330.53 @ Amazon)
Case: Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX650M (2021) 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1011.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-18 15:21 EDT-0400

Budget: 900€ - 1000€

Approximate Purchase Date: Probaly the start of nexth month (May)

Use Case: Mainly Gaming

Are you buying a monitor: In the future but not a priority right now.

Your Monitor Resolution and desired frame rate: 1920x1080 , 144Hz (i think)

Overclocking: Still don't know much about it? Can someone explain it very basically?

Any help / advice would be very much appreciated! Any recomendation or anything could be lowered for more money saving?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)

Overclocking: Still don't know much about it? Can someone explain it very basically?

Since you're new to building, avoid overclocking. It takes a fair bit of research and learning, then a fair bit of fiddly work, and often for minimal benefit—with the downside of introducing extra instability and a variable which must be considered during future troubleshooting… many helpers will tell you to turn off the OC and see if that cures whatever problem you're having.

If you get bitten by the building bug and become an enthusiast, then look at OC later as a kind of hobby thing.

Reactions: Why_Me and Slasken
There's not much to gain by overclocking anymore. I used to do it, but todays CPUs and GPUs run pretty much overclocked out of the box.

One thing to consider is maybe undervolting. Makes your CPU and GPU run a bit cooler, so less fan noise.

Just remember to set your XMP, and you'll be fine.

Apr 15, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

Since you're new to building, avoid overclocking. It takes a fair bit of research and learning, then a fair bit of fiddly work, and often for minimal benefit—with the downside of introducing extra instability and a variable which must be considered during future troubleshooting… many helpers will tell you to turn off the OC and see if that cures whatever problem you're having.

If you get bitten by the building bug and become an enthusiast, then look at OC later as a kind of hobby thing.
Thank you so much for your reply!
So besides OC, seems everything okay with the rest of the build?

Apr 15, 2024
Visit site
There's not much to gain by overclocking anymore. I used to do it, but todays CPUs and GPUs run pretty much overclocked out of the box.

One thing to consider is maybe undervolting. Makes your CPU and GPU run a bit cooler, so less fan noise.

Just remember to set your XMP, and you'll be fine.
Thanks!
Do you have any recomendation or guide to set my XMP?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts